We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcatraz night tour

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
alcatraz night tour

We are going in January so am a bit worried as to how cold it may be especially during night tour.

has anyone done the tours during this time of year and how cold was it.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: alcatraz night tour

It's probably colder (or seems so) in summer as everyone expects warm and sunny and in SF they get cool and foggy.

It certainly won't be below freezing. Evening temps will be in the upper 40s to 50s. It's always breezy on the water and Alcatraz (especially the western side of island, however where the ferry docks is rather sheltered). Bundle up, wear a coat and gloves or mittens. A hat and scarf are a good idea as well, especially if you want to ride on the deck of the ferry. And definitely comfy shoes for walking.

Edited: 9:22 am, December 18, 2012
Cumming, Georgia
2. Re: alcatraz night tour

I did the night tour last January and it was very cold outside, especially when the wind off the bay kicks up. Definately dress warm! And if it's a pretty night, be sure to go outside during the tour and check out the Golden Gate bridge during sunset. You will never see a prettier sight than the GG Bridge and a brilliant orange/red/purple sky behind it. I still consider it the best picture I have ever taken in my lifetime. Enjoy!

Wagga Wagga...
reviews: 1
3. Re: alcatraz night tour

Hi guys wanting to do the night tour of alcatraz

located this tour https://www.alcatraztrips.com/index2.asp…

And was wondering if it is legit,have no replies to my emails

can someone help

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 37
4. Re: alcatraz night tour

I don't know if that page is legit or not, but the official place to buy Alcatraz tickets is http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/ ... probably best to buy from there.

We just bought tickets from there for a March night tour.

Wagga Wagga...
5. Re: alcatraz night tour

Thanks for the reply

appreciate it

cheers

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 36
6. Re: alcatraz night tour

Any site other than www.alcatrazcruises.com is simply selling the same tickets at a higher price. There is only one company who runs the tours, so might as well buy them from the source.

Wagga Wagga...
7. Re: alcatraz night tour

Thank you

Mooloolaba...
reviews: 191
8. Re: alcatraz night tour

We did the night tour on December. It was cool, about 7 Celsius. I don't feel the cold but my wife does and had 4 layers on. It was an amazing clear night and views were fantastic. It is a completely different experience than the day tour. My only negative feedback is the last ferry is about 7:15pm and I did not feel we had enough time to take it all in.

9. Re: alcatraz night tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 13, 2014