We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shanghai, China
reviews: 1
free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

Hi,

I heard there are some time zone that you could get 2 hrs free parking in San Francisco. I will arrive my hotel very early (6:00am-7:00am), can I find such time zone for short free parking so that I could check-in and leavel my luggage in hotel? I perfer back the car to car rent company after I have breakfast in Hotel.

Thanks!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

Pretty much that entire area is metered although the meters may not start as early as 6:00AM.

However, that area is not easy to drive around if you don't know your way. Many one way streets and lots of "No Left Turns." Market St. runs at an angle so getting from north to south of Market can be tricky.

Make it easy on yourself and park either at the hotel or one of the Embarcadero Center lots.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
2. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

There are some slots in front of the hotel entrance. I wonder if the valets would let you park there while you check in?

Shanghai, China
3. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

Sorry for a stupid question: for the meters whose rate is $2 per hour, can I just put $1 for half hour parking? Or the minum charge is for one hour?

Thanks!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
4. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

You can put in as little as a nicket and get a minute or so.

Edited: 1:55 pm, October 06, 2012
Shanghai, China
5. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

Got it. Thanks!

San Francisco...
reviews: 3
6. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

i called on your behalf. go to the valet entrance - which is the main entrance.

tell valet you are just going to drop off/register. receptionist said it was free.

register. you'll leave your bags with the bell man until you can get into your room.

sf
7. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

The meteres on Mission St in front of 1 Market, across the street from the Hyatt start at 7am, and they start ticketing early.

Shanghai, China
8. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

Hello Rachel,

Thanks a lot!

9. Re: free 2hrs parking zone around Hyatt Embarcadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, December 14, 2013