We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested hotels/areas for staying outside SF/on BART line

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 1
Suggested hotels/areas for staying outside SF/on BART line

Hi, we are looking for reasonable priced hotels (is under $100 possible?) To achieve that, we are willing to stay outside SF and take BART into town. But, I'm not sure what area we should look at. I'd appreciate any suggestions of hotels or areas. Thanks a lot!

Los Altos...
reviews: 22
11. Re: Suggested hotels/areas for staying outside SF/on BART line

MacJack, I'm with you on this one. Oakland and Berkeley, I think, are perfectly fine places to stay and commute in to San Francisco, and provide good jumping off points for trips outside the city. It depends on the traveler and his or her objective.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
12. Re: Suggested hotels/areas for staying outside SF/on BART line

Macjack-

You are right EXCEPT for the part about wanting a place UNDER $100 in their original post. The Oakland Marriott is a great option and like Jerry Brown always points out...You can get to downtown San Francisco faster from downtown Oakland than most parts of San Francisco. I didn't check or search, but I assumed that they are well over $100/nt and not an option for these folks. I was thinking Milbrae or Fremont as possibilities for that price point and then they are better off in the City and they are still looking at close to $100/nt