We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Road Trip Day 4

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
reviews: 41
California Road Trip Day 4

Farewell to SF today and farewell to our hotel. I got some pretty serious flak from local posters when I first recorded that we were going to stay at the America's Best Value Inn and Suites San Francisco Airport. Local opinion held that it was too far out, that it would involve lengthy and expensive travelling time and it would be far more sensible to book into the city centre. Then I got another pile of trash from one of the main "Experts" when I sought to offer an opinion to an Aussie traveller. Well I'm here to tell you guys that it took us less than an hour to travel in each day, we were into the city centre before 9am every day (like I mentioned, jet lag changes time perspective considerably) and we only paid $9 for the three days transport between us courtesy of senior discount. Suited us just fine.

Slow day today as we transferred across from San Francisco to Napa. We got to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge but that just doesn't have the same ring any more! We stopped off at Sausalito just the other side of the bridge. Pretty little place full of galleries, boutiques, coffe shops, restaurants and cyclists! Had a look in a few of the galleries, some of which had some very impressive stuff in. Liked Fine Art Inc and the Hanson Gallery, but wasn't as impressed by one other, Petri's I think, which had a good exhibition of Dr Seuss original illustrations but spoilt everything by cramming as much as they could into a small space and then warning viewers to ensure that back packs should be carried at sides to avoid damaging exhibits! Helps if galleries have the maturity to put the art before the profit or whatever other motive they have to fill the plce ridiculously. Headed over to Napa where we hit the Visitor Centre to grab hold of information of tasting rooms and other items of interest, then spent time planning out our plan of campaign for the next couple of days - judging by the rants herein, maybe it'd be a good idea to find a nice cool room!!!

1. Re: California Road Trip Day 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 18, 2013