We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SC
reviews: 2
How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

We are coming June 2013 and want to buy as soon as we can. But debating on a night tour or a day tour. Also from what I gather from the forum it's best to buy tickets from Alcatraz directly vs a tour company we may take to tour the area. Thanks in advance

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 13
1. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

Only buy off official operator

www.alcatrazcruises.com

You can buy them 90 days in advance.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 13
2. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

I should have added not to buy combo tickets including Alcatraz. If you want to do other tours book those seperately direct with the tour operator.

This will ensure not only a better price but guarantee you get to see Alcatraz and at a time that suits you. Sometimes when combo tours are booked people are advised at the last moment their Alcatraz tour is not available and you are offered something else.

As to day or night tour there is endless discussion on this you can find by searching this forum.

SC
reviews: 2
3. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

Thanks Oscar, much appreciated and love the avatar

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
4. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

The Alcatraz Cruises site also has a comparison of tours: https:/…tour-comparison.aspx

New York
reviews: 10
5. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

Definitely buy in advance! I did not and the only tickets we found were for twice as much since they bundled the tickets with a bus tour.

http://foralltravelssake.blogspot.com/

scotland
reviews: 1
6. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

I am gald I took advice from this discussion. We are going to SF late October and decided to book the evening tour. We purchased the tickets on the Friday a few weeks ago. I have just checked availability for our date and they are sold out. Thank you for contributing to the forum

scotland
reviews: 1
7. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

I am gald I took advice from this discussion. We are going to SF late October and decided to book the evening tour. We purchased the tickets on the Friday a few weeks ago. I have just checked availability for our date and they are sold out. Thank you for contributing to the forum

Tauranga, New...
reviews: 43
8. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

I'm trying to book a trip for early June but the offical website doesn't have any times to book yet even though it is less than 90 days. Is it a case of trying everyday for a change of status?

Brownsville, IN
reviews: 10
9. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

We too are trying to book for June 10th, I even emailed them, they said it should be up and running last week, but as you can see it still isn't! It is making me nervous that I will miss when it comes back up that I won't catch it in time. Maybe I will email them again today!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
10. Re: How far in advance can you purchase alcatraz tickets

OMG. If you are in the US pick up the phone please and call and book your tickets via the phone. It is just an attraction for heavens sake -- there is no reason to get nervous. Trust me, the majority of people in SF have not been on Alcatraz so it is not the end of the world. Here is the number 415-981-ROCK (7625)

If you are abroad, skype or other internet telephony makes this a cheap or relatively free call - one less thing to do and you can call them from Europe at night your time or from Oz/NZ, call them first think in your morning.

They changed their ticketing system and clearly whatever they did is not working properly. They say they are loading new dates but it should not take that long unless there is an issue. Don't hold your breath, just call.

Edited: 10:40 am, March 18, 2013