We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 37
Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

Which is the best value airport shuttle to travel from SFO to the Donatello Hotel, near Union Square ?

35 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

Best value. They are about the same cost. Most folks who love shuttles take the first available one that is outside instead of a specific shuttle.

I personally think they take too long as they wait to be full and then could drop others off before dropping you off. so what could be a 40 or so mins trip could be an hour to hour and a half

BART our train from SFO can take you to Powell station for 8.10 per person and you can walk to your hotel if your bags are ok for a 10 mins walk. Maps.google.com can show you the route pictorially

For the shuttle here are the prices

flysfo.com/web/…dtd.html

Edited: 5:45 pm, May 07, 2012
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
2. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

It is 5 blocks from the Powell St. BART station to the Donatello, slightly uphill. Walk up Powell Street to Post, turn left, walk one block and cross the street. As my GPS says "You have arrived at your destination" :~)

If you do not want to schlep your luggage and there are at least two of you, I would spring for a taxi. The shuttle fare would be around $36, the taxi around $40, before tip.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
3. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

Best value, by far, is BART. Follow puter's directions above.

Here is a map of the Powell St. BART station: http://www.bart.gov/stations/powl/map.aspx

Use the exit to Hallidie Plaza, turn right and use the escalator to street level. You'll be at the foot of Powell Street.

Very easy and straightforward.

Adelaide
reviews: 1
4. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

Warning-Do NOT use this company

Airport Express San Francisco

http://www.airportexpresssf.com/

We booked a return shuttle when we were travelling in May this year. The flight to LA was delayed 90 minutes so I rang the company (from LA) and spoke to a woman who said that the drivers didn't work after 10pm so she would have to cancel the shuttle. She told me to ring the next day or so to organise a refund and gave me contact details of who to speak to.

Well, 3 emails and 2 phone calls later I am still being ignored. We paid $150 for the return shuttle and while they did turn up to take us back to the airport, I have not neeb able to claim my $75 back.

Buyer beware-stay away from this company as they appear to have no ethics and will not refund my money, despite their phone representative stating it was not a problem.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 4
5. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

There's really no need to reserve a shuttle FROM the airport, unless it's 2 in the morning or thereabouts.

--
reviews: 2
6. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

familypeopleAdelaide writes>>Warning-Do NOT use this company.....<<

Although their approach more closely resembles Mr. Bean and his Leyland Mini than Genghis Khan on a Mongolian horse, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has regulatory authority over airport shuttles in the State of California. You can download a complaint form, and read a few (consistent with their general approach) tidbits about the complaint process at …ca.gov/PUC/…d_carrierscomplaint.htm .

According to the CPUC's publicly accessible carrier database https:/… Airport Express is a DBA for A J California Mini Bus Inc. The database lists a Arik Sharabi as the president of the company, which has a mailing address of 910 Harrison St, San Francisco CA 94107.

Peoria
reviews: 93
7. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

Like you, we need transportation to our hotel from the airport. As a previous poster stated, shuttles can be very time-consuming. We did an airport shuttle in Vegas and it took us almost 2 hours to reach our hotel because we were the very last stop. And anyone who's been to Vegas knows the airport isn't THAT far from the strip!

I found a company called SF Limo Express that has town cars to transport you from the airport for $49 plus tip. That was only about $14 more for us than using a shuttle and will be way faster, so that is an option, or just a regular cab. We will have too many bags to take the bus and carry them ourselves around the city, otherwise that's the cheapest from my research.

Concord, California
8. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

It’s too bad this happened to you. Usually this company is very reliable and takes good care of Their customers.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 118
9. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

BART is super easy. I've done it more than once and will be doing it again in July. Last time, my then-13 year old and I did it and walked to the JW Marriott. This time, my younger son and I will be going to the Marriott Union Square.

Amherst,Massachusett...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.

Hi, we will be flying into San Francisco and I read your post about SF Limo Express. Have you used them yet and if so do you mind sharing your experience? We will be flying from the East Coast, and really don't want to be on a shuttle bus after a long flight. Thanks in advance. high fire

Reply to: Airport shuttle - San Francisco.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted