We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

Does anyone know of a good hotel withing walking distance of a BART station - for 2 adults who wish to take the BART to/and from the airport? It doesn't need to be in downtown SF just close to a station. We will have BART passes. Also, it needs to be in a good neighborhood.

Thanks.

Carol in South Carolina

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

Ramada Plaza Downtown - It's located in the Civic Center area which does have homeless/poor people. The hotel itself is nice, and It has a Starbucks downstairs.

It's right by a BART Station, so if you have heavy luggage this is the place.

It's not the best place to walk around at night. If I'm walking around that area, I'm just trying to get to the closest MUNI/BART station possible.

I would suggest taking MUNI to get to downtown. All major buses/trains will take you downtown.

San Francisco, CA
2. Re: Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

check out www.EXPEDIA.com for pictures of all hotels in SF.

Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 7
3. Re: Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

The way SF and BART are laid out, there are hundreds of hotels within a few blocks of a BART station. From the Hyatt Regency, which sits atop the Embacadero station, to the Convention Center hotels to the Union Square hotels, (most about 3-5 fairly level blocks away), BART is pretty convenient.

Neighborhood is a tricky word here...Downtown is the neighborhood under question as the rest of the SF BART line serves residential neighborhoods...So, it's downtown...avoid CIVIC CENTER BART area hotels...be cautious about POWELL ST BART hotels. MONTGOMERY ST BART hotels cater to business/convention travellers...same for the EMBARCADERO BART hotels.

Finley, Tn.
4. Re: Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

Just got back from San Francisco. We stayed at the Ramada on Market for 7 days. Bart right outside the door. Yes there is homeless people, never bothered us. Hotel very nice and the staff was wonderful.

San Francisco, CA
5. Re: Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

I really would suggest you go to WWW.EXPEDIA.com

There are PHOTOS of room decor..

They have hotels listed with TRAVELER's OPINIONS.

Although I recommended Ramada Plaza Downtown - this place got bad reviews on cleanliness.

see reviews here: www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll…

cut & paste the link...

san francisco, ca
6. Re: Hotel (3-star) within walking distance to BART

my recommendation is to priceline it. if you put in a 3 star hotel or a botique at $75 a day you should have no problem meeting your requirements listed. i did it and got the villa florence in union square.