We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation fronm Oakland Airport

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
amityville ny
Transportation fronm Oakland Airport

How is the best way for my husband and daughter and I to get from the Airport to the Tuscan Inn, assuming we do not want to due a lot of transfering. When we were ther last year and landed at SFO but it was only 2 we took the shuttle. By the time we pay for 3 adults, would it be about the same to get a cab or a car service?

Los Angeles
reviews: 41
1. Re: Transportation fronm Oakland Airport

A cab will still be more expensive but more convienent, it will run between $25 to $35 depending upon the traffic into the City. It will still be cheaper to take the shuttle from Oakland to BART ($2.00 each, so $6.00 total one way for all three of you), then BART into the City, from Coliseum to Market Street station. If I remember correctly, it's $2.65 one way, so about $8.00 one way for BART tickets.

birmingham,al
2. Re: Transportation fronm Oakland Airport

you can ride the bart (subway) from the oakland airport, follow signs at airport to a bus that takes you to bart station about a 10 minute bus ride,you would then need to take the train to the embarcadero station and take a taxi from there to your hotel about 2 miles, I know this sounds like a lot of trouble but this is the cheapest way ,probably 25 dollars for the 3 of you. A taxi from the airport is around 45- 50 dollars ,I have taken a towncar for about the same price ,wish I could be more help but do enjoy the city

Los Angeles
reviews: 41
3. Re: Transportation fronm Oakland Airport

Sorry... gave the wrong stop station. Not Market Street but Embarcadero Station, which is the first stop in the City.

reviews: 14
4. Re: Transportation fronm Oakland Airport

1. Taxi: easier, way more expensive

2. Transit: harder, way cheaper

3. Transit & taxi: a little schlepping but more affordable.

For BART alone, it would take $15.45 for the three of you ($2 ea. for the shuttle from Oakland airport and BART, $3.15 ea. for BART to the Embarcadero stop).

That only gets you part way. Then you'd come above to the street and either take the #10 Aquatic Park Muni bus from Fremont and Market streets, or a taxi. A taxi would probably cost you about $10 or $15, tops. Bus will cost you about $3.75 ($1.25 each adult -- less for a child).

In terms of schlep factor, a taxi from OAK directly to the Tuscan Inn is obviously easier and more convenient, but also pretty expensive (my guess is you can't do it for less than $50). To go public transit all the way way cheaper (My math says you'd spend just under $20) but with a lot of schlepping and waits in between the three, possibly four connections (Airport-BART shuttle, BART, possible BART transfer to the SFO/Colma/Daly City line, and Muni).

The midway would be to take BART to the Embarcadero, then take a cab. That would be maybe $25 to $30. If you wanted to be sure, you could call Yellow Cab and ask them what the approximate fare would be from the Embarcadero to 425 Northpoint (415) 626-2345.

Here's the BART website so you can use the "quick planner":

www.bart.gov

The stations you want are Coliseum/Airport and Embarcadero (SF)