We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in SF

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canberra
reviews: 9
Breakfast in SF

I am staying at the Handlery Hotel in Union Square area, can anybody please suggest a great place for breakfast and dinner?

uk
1. Re: Breakfast in SF

Lori's Diner is fun,just down the hill from Union Square, beside Walgreens on the way to the tram stop and McDonalds.

Its upstairs, and just looks like a fifties diner inside. Normal breakfast stuff but burgers and sandwiches are good, not posh but fun and affordable!

Halifax, Canada
2. Re: Breakfast in SF

Dotties True Blue Cafe seems to get good reviews and I also think it is close to Union Square. I will be checking it out when I go on my hols.

Los Altos...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Breakfast in SF

Depends on what you like.

Breakfast: If you can walk a little uphill on Powell Street (exit left from your hotel and left up Powell), you'll come to Sears Fine Foods a few blocks up, past Union Square (across from the Sir Francis Drake Hotel). Lori's Diner, recommended by the other respondent, is closer, but I prefer Sears. I eat at Lori's every once in a while.

Dinner: Depends on your budget. For every day, non--fancy dining near your hotel, I'd encourage you to try the Siam Restaurant attached to the back side of the Renaissance Hotel on Ellis Street. It's clean, pleasant, and well-priced (i.e., inexpensive). The same family also owns the much more down-market little Siam Cafe across the street. Food is good at both places, but the atmosphere is much more pleasant inside the hotel. There's are two more Thai noodle places (which is more of a lunch spot), around the corner on Powell Street between Ellis and O'Farrell streets. Up and down Powell Street and along Mason and Taylor, actually, you'll find all kinds of inexpensive eateries, from Indian/Pakistani, to Japanese.

If you're going for the "foodie" experience, look at the Dining section of www.sfgate.com because the SF Chronicle lists some very good restaurants on their Chronicle 100 list.

Pirkkala, Finland
reviews: 19
4. Re: Breakfast in SF

I stayed at Chancellor hotel Union Square and breakfast (twice actually) at Sears Fin Food next to my hotel and it was fabulous. You'll probably have to que a few minutes, but it's worth it, belive me.

Lori's is also great as it is said here. If you have brakfast at Lori's check teh menu for dinner also, if you like that.