We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Gate Bridge Theatre - need to know of a good

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Golden Gate Bridge Theatre - need to know of a good

resteraunt between our hotel, The Warwick Regis, and the GGB Theatre on Thursday evening.

It's our 1st night in SF and we are going to see Evita. We won't really have time to go exploring during the day so I would appreciate any input.

My husband and I love food. This is whole trip is pretty much centering around where to eat and THEN what to do...it's a family curse..our food "addiction".

Also, any other suggestions would be great.

And by the way, can someone tell me what a "prie fixe(?) menu is? I have lived out of the city way, way, to long, and I am completely disgusted with myself for not knowing this...I thought I was a food snob, but I am but a twit! ; )

Thanks! H

Mokelumne Hill, CA
1. Re: Golden Gate Bridge Theatre - need to know of a good

You must be talking about the Golden Gate Theater (1 Taylor Street, at the corner of Taylor and Market). That's about five or six blocks from your hotel, which is nominally at the corner of Geary and Taylor.

Within easy walking distance: Max's Theatre Cafe is pretty good. Very casual is Lefty O'Doul's -- both on Geary. There's a place a couple of blocks towards Geary on Taylor from the Golden Gate, but I can't remember the name of it -- but the last time I went to the GGT we had lunch there, and it was actually pretty good.

If you really want a good meal, I'd suggest grabbing a cab and going to Tadich Grill (200 block of California). It's the best seafood in the city. Go BEFORE you go to the theater, though -- they'll be closed by the time you get out of an evening performance. Or go for dinner the next evening -- again, get there by 6 pm or you're going to have a wait.

San Francisco
reviews: 1
2. Re: Golden Gate Bridge Theatre - need to know of a good

A prix fixe menu means that for a certain price, you get a certain meal. Usually you can choose a starter, entree and dessert from a few selections, but it depends on the restaurant. Where did you see that?

Try Pinneti and Puccini on Ellis and Mason (I think), or First Crush across the street. Both are close to the theater.

san jose ca
reviews: 4
3. Re: Golden Gate Bridge Theatre - need to know of a good

I would like to second goingtoparis but the restaurant is actually called Puccini and Pinetti. I have eaten there a couple of times before and after the theater and it is a great choice. But any restaurant in the Union Square area is pretty convenient to the GG Theater.

Another one of my new favorites is across from the Curran Theater on Geary. It's called Colibri. It's Mexican small plates. They make guacamole right at your table. Highly recommended.