We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Shore Birthday Lunch

Which Quincy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 7
South Shore Birthday Lunch

I invited a good friend to lunch for a special birthday celebration. I'll be driving from the North Shore and she lives in Milton. I'm not familiar with South Shore restaurants but would like to find a restaurant that would be fairly close to Milton and nice enough for a celebratory and substantial meal at lunchtime. I would prefer not to drive any further than Quincy if possible. The Tavern at Granite Links has been suggested to me as nice restaurant with a beautiful view of the city, albeit somewhat average food. I'm just looking for confirmation that this is a nice enough spot for what I have in mind and/or any other recommendations in the area. Thank you!!

8 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 112
1. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

My first suggestion was going to be Granite Links as I read your post. The view is really spectacular. Another suggestion, in Milton, is Abby Park. It's really good. Here's a link to their menu: http://www.abbypark.com/menu.php.

Boston
2. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

That's so great to hear - thank you! Abbey Park menu looks delicious. And coincidentally my birthday guest and I both worked on Adams Street in Lower Mills many years ago. But if it's between the two I'll go for the views! Should we ask to be seated in the glassed in area for the best view?

Boston...
3. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

The views are great at Granite Links. I was there at night and don't remember the glassed -in area.

Two other places are the new Steel and Rye www.stealandrye.com which is in a former industrial space, and Port 305 at Marina Bay.

Boston
4. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

Thanks so much. Steel and Rye looks great but looks like they are not open at lunch time. I'll have to try it another time. I'll look into Port 305. Menu looks good and again the fabulous views. Haven't been to Marina Bay in years.

Boston...
5. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

I somehow was thinking of Sunday brunch instead of lunch. That was why I included Steel and Rye. I think Port 305 is run by the Siro's owners. There are nice views. Good luck with your choice.

Boston
6. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

Ok thanks. Appreciate your ideas.

Boston
7. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions everyone. We went to the Tavern at Granite Links today and it was great. The views are stunning. And the food was very good. Wish I lived closer to take advantage of the patio in the warm weather! Thanks again.

Boston...
reviews: 112
8. Re: South Shore Birthday Lunch

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Reply to: South Shore Birthday Lunch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quincy