We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should Sandy change our itinerary?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
335 posts
99 reviews
Should Sandy change our itinerary?

We are on our road trip around the New England. We are currently in Bar Harbor and due to leave here on Tuesday morning for two nights in North Conway ( and then on to Woodstock VT and then the Berkshires)

With the threat of Sandy with flooding and snow, does anyone have any advise for an Aussie road tripper who is a bit naive about what to do.

Should we stay longer in Bar Harbor and wait and see or leave as planned for North Conway?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Should Sandy change our itinerary?

Pretty day here after the fog cleared, eh? It should be pretty again tomorrow. I don't think you need to worry too much about Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont. We'll just get three days of rain and maybe a little wind from this storm. If there's any snow, it will only be in the mountains, which you won't need to cross between Bar Harbor and North Conway. I think I would go ahead and stick with your plan to leave Bar Harbor on Tuesday morning.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
335 posts
99 reviews
2. Re: Should Sandy change our itinerary?

Appreciate your answer. And yes, we have had wonderful weather for the past few days here!

3. Re: Should Sandy change our itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 30, 2013