We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouse boat cruise tour

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LOUISIANA
reviews: 2
Lighthouse boat cruise tour

We are going to be visiting the Bar Harbor area in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if there were boat tours that can be taken to see the light houses are are off the shoreline. Also planning on going to the Acadia National Park. Any other must see items would be appreciated

6 replies to this topic
Lehigh Valley, PA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Lighthouse boat cruise tour

See www.barharborwhales.com/lighthouses.php.

I think their lighthouse tours run into October but I am not sure how long into October. So give them a call.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
reviews: 8
2. Re: Lighthouse boat cruise tour

The Sea Princess Nature Cruise is a great trip and it does go by one really awesome lighthouse on Bear Island that is only accessible from the water. The Bar Harbor Whale Watch Company Lighthouse Cruise does go to more lighthouses but if they aren't running when you come, the Sea Princess is a great alternative.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
reviews: 8
3. Re: Lighthouse boat cruise tour

I just heard on the radio this morning that the company that runs the Acadian Nature Cruise is offering a special 3 1/2 hour Lighthouse tour. That also might be a great trip.

www.barharborboattours.com/puffins.html

LOUISIANA
reviews: 2
4. Re: Lighthouse boat cruise tour

Thanks for the info. Will definitely check into these.

Madison, New Jersey
reviews: 13
5. Re: Lighthouse boat cruise tour

Beware! Make sure you ask about fog conditions on the ocean before you board the boat. We took the light house tour on the Bar Harbor Whale watch company. On the tour were 5 lighthouses. We saw 2. The other three were socked in by fog. Now, the company cannot control the weather, but instead of turning around and not going to the far out to sea lighthouse, the captain took a very fast ride on slightly rough ocean in complete fog. More than a few passengers were "feeding the fish" over the side of the boat, and on the floor if they could not make it to the rail. When we finally arrived at the light house, we could only hear a bell, but still could not see a thing. The captain was so proud that he "found" it in the fog and the passengers were miserable. When we returned to port, some passengers went in to complain about the tour. The manager at that time yelled at them and chased them out of the office. Please check the weather before you go.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 38
6. Re: Lighthouse boat cruise tour

I'll second the Sea Princess Nature Cruise. We loved the Northeast Harbor area.

Reply to: Lighthouse boat cruise tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor