We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quimby Inn Annex

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CapeCod
reviews: 6
Quimby Inn Annex

We are looking to stay in Bar Harbor with our 2 small dogs. We love staying in in-town locations and walking them everywhere we go. The Quimby Inn appears to be a great find. Can anyone tell me what the Annex is like as there are no pictures or descriptions listed. The last posting on this was many years ago.

Thanks!

Cape Cod BTs

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
reviews: 8
1. Re: Quimby Inn Annex

I don't know anything about the Quimby Inn Annex except that it is located right behind the Quimby Inn on Holland Avenue and always looks very nice from the outside. Parking right outside the building.

The Canterbury Cottage B&B also accepts dogs and is located downtown within walking distance of everything. They only have one room that allows dogs so it may not be available for your dates.

CapeCod
reviews: 6
2. Re: Quimby Inn Annex

Thanks. I have found that when you search for pet friendly lodgings it's a very limited list that is not nearly complete. I'll look at The Canterbury Cottages.

Thanks for the tip.

Cape Cod BTs

New York, New York
reviews: 1
3. Re: Quimby Inn Annex

Acadia is incredibly friendly for dogs. The Island Explorer bus allows dogs. You can bring your pet to have lunch with you on the lawn at Jordan Pond House. And there's even off-leash areas and swimming at Little Long Pond. At the link below are more tips and advice for folks who want to bring their dogs on vacation to Bar Harbor/Acadia. Innkeepers can comment about their own pet-friendly accommodations there.

ouracadia.com/blog/…

London
reviews: 29
4. Re: Quimby Inn Annex

Hi, we stayed in an efficiency in the Quimby annex in September. We thought it was great for the price - clean and comfortable. The rooms were not very big and they were a bit dated, but they had everything that we needed. We really liked the location as you are slightly set back but still a short walking distance from everything, and there are two great places for breakfast on that street. There were people with a dog in the room next door to us and they seemed pretty happy too.

5. Re: Quimby Inn Annex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 15, 2013