We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to Schedule?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 29
When to Schedule?

We will be arriving in Bar Harbor next Sunday and staying through the week. We plan to take a kayaking trip and also go out on a whale watching tour. Is it wise to make those reservations this week or can we wait until we have a better idea of the weather to pick our dates? Don't want to miss the opportunity to go because we didn't book them quick enough. Thanks!

Bar Harbor, Maine
reviews: 7
1. Re: When to Schedule?

You can wait until you have a better idea of the weather. The boat for whale watching is quite large. There are several kayak outfits and they can take quite a few people on each trip.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
reviews: 9
2. Re: When to Schedule?

I agree. Moreover, both the whale watch boats and the kayak tours schedule more than one outing per day, so you should have no trouble getting space.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
reviews: 8
3. Re: When to Schedule?

Sometimes it is hard to get on some of the better kayaking trips. If you plan to go with National Park Kayak or Aquaterra, you may consider booking a day or two in advance. I think you'll have no problems with the whale watch.

PA
reviews: 72
4. Re: When to Schedule?

I always plan quite a bit in advance if I'm able to cancel within a certain amount of time. I have reserved spots for a Saturday evening kayak trip with Aquaterra. I didn't want to wait since my desired time was pretty specific. Aquaterra informed me I could cancel 24 hours in advance if needed.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
reviews: 8
5. Re: When to Schedule?

Aquaterra is a very well run operation will well trained and very friendly guides. I"m sure you'll enjoy your tour.

Wash D.C.
6. Re: When to Schedule?

if the weather outlook is good, you should book in advance, especially for the kayak trips. You won't be the only ones wanting to go on a beautiful day! (Although I should add we did one kayak trip on a dreary, slightly foggy day and it was very nice).

7. Re: When to Schedule?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:47 pm, July 09, 2013