We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet-friendly places

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
reviews: 9
Pet-friendly places

The following are lodging establishments and restaurant that are dog-friendly (and presumbably would accept other small pets). All phone numbers are area code 207

Both lists are courtesy of BarkHarbor--the local pet accessory and gift store.

Lodging:

Balance Rock Inn 288-2610

Wonderview Inn 288-3358

Best Western 288-5823 (a few miles from town on Rt. 3)

Bar Harbor Inn 288-3351

Anchorage 288-3959

Rockhurst 288-3140

Summertime I & II 288-2893

Hanscom Motel Cottages 288-3744 (a few miles out on Rt. 3)

Days Inn 288-3321

Ledgelawn Inn 288-4596

Ocean Drive Motor Court 288-3361

Also:

Primrose Inn 288-4031-- one room for pet owners, minimum 1 week stay

Aurora Motel 288-3771 (winter only)

Food:

China Joy (Main St, across from Bark Harbor)

Parkside Restaurant (corner, Main and Mt. Desert Sts.)

Fish House Grill (next to the pier, in Harbor Place)

West Street Cafe (West St., a block from the pier)

Cottage St. Bakery and Deli (a block up from the Post Office)

Two Cats Restaurant (upper end of Cottage Street)

Jack Russell Pub (Rt.3 near the ferry terminal)

Jordan Pond House (Acadia National Park)

Timmy B's at 124 Cottage St

not quite on the corner deli (corner of Main and Cottage Sts.

Brunswick, Maine
reviews: 38
1. Re: Pet-friendly places

Two Cats Restaurant

Jack Russell Pub

duh... :)

Bass Harbor, Maine
2. Re: Pet-friendly places

Hello. I'm finding this to be a tad confusing. I thought that pets were not acceptable in dining areas (state health laws) but may be accommodated in outside patio areas. It is an important distinction. I'm not familiar with every restaurant listed but I have *never* seen pets in the dining room or on the porch at the Jordan Pond House. This is *not* to be confused with service animals.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
3. Re: Pet-friendly places

RE:bassharborbaby

The list I obtained from BarkHarbor notes only that dogs must be leashed in the park and that most establishments require the animals to be with their owner at all times.

Bradley, Maine
reviews: 11
4. Re: Pet-friendly places

re:bassharborbaby

just as an aside, i don't think I've ever been to Jordan Pond House without my dog. And she's not the only dog present either. Although we do usually eat at the outside tables.

I wouldn't be comfortable bringing her inside, but it's a bit more formal and I'd be underdressed in there myself.

Can't speak to any of the other places with regards to the pupper's. Except BarHarbor campground, Quietside, Jordanpond house.. hmmm. where else has she gone?I try to leave her outside at ben & bills for space reasons.. but in the off season she's always been welcomed.

Iowa
reviews: 3
5. Re: Pet-friendly places

Can someone recommend about 3 of the above food places to eat in Bar Harbor with a dog?

This would usually be for a late lunch or midafternoon meal, and we would like something simple and reasonably priced, but we do love seafood!

Thanks!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
6. Re: Pet-friendly places

boaterkathy:

Of those on the list:

Timmy B's is for sale; I don't know what (if anything) will be there this year.

Parkside was sold and underwent substantial revision. The amount of outdoor space they had is now considerably reduced and I don't know what the new owner's attitude toward pets is.

Two Cats, if I'm not mistaken is a breakfast/dinner place; I haven't heard if they are going to do dinner this year or not.

For a mid-day/early afternoon meal with a variety of seafood, Fish House Grille and West St. Cafe are probably your best bets. Jordan Pond house is pricier---but a magnificent place for popovers and tea on the lawn, overlooking Jordan Pond.

Lehigh Valley, PA
reviews: 4
7. Re: Pet-friendly places

McKay's on Main Street has outside dining and, if memory serves, I did see folks there with a large dog (Golden Retriever) for an early dinner last year.

It wasn't my favorite place to eat in Bar Harbor but a lot of folks speak very highly of it. I may give it another chance this year. You might want to give it a try.

Central New Jersey
8. Re: Pet-friendly places

Because we camp while on MDI we don't usually go out for dinner much, but when we do we've found Jordan Pond House (the lawn) to be very dog friendly. They'll even bring your dog a bowl of water (with a lemon no-less!) Our little shih-tzu has also been to Thurston's Lobster Pound in Bernard, and Eat-A-Pita in SW Harbor (on the outdoor patio). As long as your dog is under control at all times and well behaved, most placesat the least tolerate dogs and at best welcome them with dog biscuits (Bark Harbor and Our New England).

Iowa
reviews: 3
9. Re: Pet-friendly places

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! It should be an interesting vacation. Since we are going to be gone about 3 weeks, we are taking our puppy with us. She'll be close to a year old by then. We have never traveled with a dog before, so I am sure we will have to do some adjusting!! We are pretty flexible, though!

Bar Harbor
reviews: 29
10. Re: Pet-friendly places

I think that you should check with Primrose. It is under new ownership and in speaking with the new owners things have changed and I am not so sure that there will be a pet friendly room anymore. But like I said, check on that first. The Bar Harbor Inn is another one that I would check on, I think that they are starting to eliminate pets, although if you have stayed there in the past with a dog, you are grandfathered for sure.