We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelmann's Deli

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
RI
reviews: 10
Adelmann's Deli

I wanted to write a review about Adelmann's Deli, but their name is not on the list of restaurants. We ate there twice and their sandwiches are excellent. My husband tried the lobster roll. He got a whole tail (I know because it was whole!) and pieces of the claw, my husband said it was excellent. I had a ham/turkey wrap, loaded with veggies, the sandwich was HUGE! Their meat/cheese/veggie selection is big, prices are very reasonable, and they include chips & pickle. No credit cards, just cash and they're only open for breakfast & lunch. Fall hours said they close at 3 pm. If you want a good sandwich, at a very reasonable price, and huge portion go there. Their potato salad was awesome too. Like they advertise on the window: "nothing fancy, just good!". :)

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
reviews: 6
1. Re: Adelmann's Deli

Thanks for the review. Even if Adelmann's doesn't make the restaurant list, it now has a reference point on this forum.

Brunswick, Maine
reviews: 39
2. Re: Adelmann's Deli

I bet if you write the site administrators they would add Adelmann's to the list. It's worth a try.

Lehigh Valley, PA
reviews: 4
3. Re: Adelmann's Deli

OK I give up. I have racked my brain trying to picture Adelmann's from my trips to Bar Harbor and keep drawing a total blank. Where is Adelmann's? I'll put it on my lunch list for next year.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
4. Re: Adelmann's Deli

paflyfisher--

Re: Adelmanns.

It is on Main Street, about 5 blocks up from the waterfront, i.e., it is a couple of blocks further south on Main from the Village Green (where the Island Explorer shuttles stage).

Lehigh Valley, PA
5. Re: Adelmann's Deli

I know the area you are talking about. We stay at The Acadia Hotel right there on Mt. Desert Street by the village green. I'm walking down Main Street in my mind. There's the Parkside on the corner, Pasta's, the Chinese restaurant, the Grand and a bunch of other hotel/motels and a couple of restaurants; on the other side is Bark Harbor, there's a barbershop, a newspaper office, Poor Boys in over there, Havana. I just can't visualize Adelmann's. I am making a note in my file for next year. This will bug me until then!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
6. Re: Adelmann's Deli

Adelmann's--

OK, to pin it down a little, it is on the corner of the block south of Bark Harbor, i.e., as you go toward Poor Boys, on that (east) side of the street.

Lehigh Valley, PA
7. Re: Adelmann's Deli

Thanks. That means I walked by it three times and drove by it every day we were in Bar Harbor and I missed it. SO much for my powers of observation.

RI
reviews: 10
8. Re: Adelmann's Deli

paflyfisher: Great incentive to go back soon huh? :)

MicheleS: How do I write to the website administrator?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
9. Re: Adelmann's Deli

Friendlykat:

As far as I know, if the sysad has an address, it's a secret---at least I haven't been able to find it. I suggest that you click on the review form (see "Write a review" in the left column of this page). I think that it provides the format you need for the Adelmann's review.

After you've submitted the review, I'll contact the "local experts" support people and alert them to your review and recommend that Adelmann's be added to the list.

I know that this may seem cumbersome, but TripAdvisor is a very large operation.

Lehigh Valley, PA
10. Re: Adelmann's Deli

Friendlykat:

As I think you have learned, just spending time in Bar Harbor/Acadia provides the incentive for the next trip... and the next... and the next.

We returned home on Sept 17 and already are planning for next year. We have always gone in September and love it that time of year. We will probably do the week starting Saturday Sept 9. That said, I can't get the thought of a June trip out of my mind.

Ah well, it gives us something to plan during those long winter months.