We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 2
Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

We've narrowed our lodging choices to these three, and have read the feedback on this board, but are wondering of these three, which would those who are familiar with these places recommend?

We're particularly interested in:

1. clean

2. soft/comfy bed (my husband has trouble sleeping on a firm mattress)

3. relatively romantic (doesn't need to be out of control, but we're traveling to celebrate our 1st anniversary)

It would be great to hear any feedback (especially regarding staying at Two Cats--I can't find anything on this one).

Best wishes!

Connecticut
reviews: 2
11. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. We ultimately went with the Bar Harbor Grand, (a couple of people online have specifically mentioned that the beds are soft--very important to my husband, so that clinched it for us this time around), but we'll be scoping the other places (Quimby, Two Cats, & Miramonte) while we're up there.

Thanks to everyone again, for the feedback!

Lehigh Valley, PA
reviews: 4
12. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Sqmphil,

First off, glad you had a great time in Bar Harbor.

Regarding Two Cats, I know it is different strokes for different folks which is why sometimes I am hesitant to make recommendations. Two Cats has always been our #1 favorite breakfast place in Bar Harbor. But I hasten to add that we are early risers and always among the first customers of the day so things are generally a lot less hectic than I understand it can be later in the morning. Also we always visit in September which is after the biggest crowds leave so things are also a bit quieter for that reason too.

Yes the place is a bit funky. You can see that by just looking at it from the street. But we love the charm and the cats. We'll be back there again for a breakfast or two next year.

We have not tried Timmy B's but for the record, our favorite breakfast places in order would be

Two Cats

Cafe This Way

Jordan's Restaurant

Jeannie's Chowder House (a 2005 discovery)

The place I most want to try for breakfast would be Eat-a-Pita in Southwest Harbor. We had lunch there this year and the breakfast menu looks intriguing.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
reviews: 9
13. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

paflyfisher:

Just a bit of local gossip---the two owners/operators of Two Cats had a rather bitter falling-out this year. One moved next door and opened Timmy B's at 124 Cottage.

Lehigh Valley, PA
reviews: 4
14. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Hopefully not the result of the mid-winter shack nasties. That's really too bad. We did eat breakfast at Two Cats twice this time around and it seemed as good as ever. I particularly like their smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers omlette. We're planning a slightly longer stay in Bar Harbor next year (5 nights then on to Moosehead in search of... moose) so maybe we'll get to try Timmy B's.