We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin or Outrigger?

Which Tumon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Valenzuela...
reviews: 20
Westin or Outrigger?

I definitely love the location of Outrigger, but, a friend who have stayed in both hotels, attested that Westin is better than Outrigger. Better in rooms, foods and it has better/direct access to the beach. Btw, i will be travelling with my family (that's 2 adults and 2 kids ages 11 and 8). Hubby and I love shopping, while the kids loves the water. Please enlighten me more and help me decide which one to choose. Thanks!

Edited: 10:55 am, January 20, 2012
2 replies to this topic
reviews: 94
1. Re: Westin or Outrigger?

Outrigger should be better rate. Food at Outrigger is OK, you will probably eat out at other places with the kids. Better beach access at Outrigger. I lived there four yearsj and preferred the Outrigger for location, staff, etc.

brit in korea
reviews: 9
2. Re: Westin or Outrigger?

I woud stay try the Westin. Outrigger is great with friendly staff, decent rooms and a great location and access to beach but suffers for the following reasons.

1. They let people smoke at the pool and given most guests are Japanese and Korean, that means a lot of smokers. Annoying particularly if you have kids

2. They charge you $30/day to rent a lounger on the beach. I don't know if the Westin does this but it didn't look like it when I walked past (maybe you can ask in advance).

On beach access, both are about the same (very good), but the Westin pool is definitely nicer and less crowded.

On access to shops/restaurants, Outrigger is better but the Westin is just next door so not a deal breaker.

Reply to: Westin or Outrigger?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tumon