We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baseball team of 10 yr. olds

Which Tamuning hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
makati
reviews: 1
baseball team of 10 yr. olds

Hi! My son's baseball team (12 & under, 15 players) will be competing in Dededo sports complex & will be staying at the PIC for a wk this april. I've not read anything nice about the rooms at the PIC but I can't do anything about that bec. it comes with their sports package. How far is the complex from their hotel? The package includes breakfast & dinner but no lunch. Is there a place where the kids can get cheap but nutricious lunch near the PIC? how much would such meal cost? All their games will be scheduled in the afternoon which will give them a chance to explore the water parks. Is is safe for them on their own çause they only have 1 coach who is in-charge at looking after them & they are all boys which makes me a little worried. also, it's very near the beach.

Aside from the water parks, where do you suggest that the team visit that will interests them?

How much pocket money should he have for food & for some souvenirs for a wk.?

Also, he will be applying for a US visa. will this visa be just for entry to Guam or even the US mainland?

I hope you will be able to help me. It's his first time to travel alone.

muntinlupa
reviews: 66
1. Re: baseball team of 10 yr. olds

Hi! My family and I just arrived from Guam a few days ago. Nothing much in Guam, it's just like Subic with some big Hotels. PIC is located along the hotel row and the beach. It is a big hotel with a waterpark bustling with activities. Dededo is not that far, probably less than 10 kilometers. The beach has white sand but there's a bit of an undertow so I suggest not to go far from shore. I also noticed guards and life guards around PIC.

There are restaurants and shops across the street and more as you walk along this main road. Cheapest food would be fast food and in foodcourts at about 6 to 8 dollars . In restaurants it's 12 to 16 for a complete meal although servings are big and are good enough for two. Hotel food would run 15 to 20, around 25 to 35 for buffets. There is a sling shot ride down the road (20 per ride) . There are also shoppings buses and tram that ply this road and goes to the different shopping malls (Micronesia Mall, Guam Premium Outlets, Galleria Duty Free Shop and the 24hr KMart).Fare is 3 dol per ride,8 for whole day and 20 dollars for one week unlimited rides, hop on hop off. Souvenir shirts go for 5 to 10 dollars.

As for the visa, before I know that you only get a "for Guam entry only visa". But the immigration officer (a Filipino) said that Guam is now a port of entry.

2. Re: baseball team of 10 yr. olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Tamuning