We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guam Has anybody stayed at the Hilton in Tumon Bay?

Which Tamuning hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairns
reviews: 43
Guam Has anybody stayed at the Hilton in Tumon Bay?

We are taking a 9 day holiday from Austraia to Tumon bay.We are a family of 2 adults and an 8 year old boy.

I have heard that the Hilton is good, and seems about mid price range.

Has anybody out there stayed at the Hilton and could we do better staying say at the Pacific Island Club because it has a water theme park attached. i am guessing that might get very noisey?

Also do you think that 9 days is too much?

Thanks

maggie

Chicago, IL
reviews: 2
1. Re: Guam Has anybody stayed at the Hilton in Tumon Bay?

I spent about 2 weeks at the Hilton in June. I didn't notice any problem with noise or anything, overall it was quite a nice hotel. I did have some issues with the air conditioner in my room but I imagine that that's common in an island where most places run the AC 24x7!

9 days may be a bit much if you're just going to be hanging out around there; if you were really into scuba I would recommend staying as long as you can, but with an 8 year old it may really depend on what you're looking to do. Guam in general didn't really strike me as a very kid-centric place, with most of the activities along the Tumon strip being aimed at older Japanese tourists and US soldiers.

But if you're just looking for a nice place to relax on the beach and see some interesting things, it will be a good place. Just don't expect disneyworld-style entertainment for the youngster!

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
reviews: 1
2. Re: Guam Has anybody stayed at the Hilton in Tumon Bay?

I stayed at the Hilton, and I'd say its pretty good. One other thing to note about staying here is that you could enjoy the best part of the bay along shore if you're into snorkeling. The beach itself is not as white and as long as Four Mile Beach in Port Douglas, though.

Stayed at Marriott years later, and what I noticed then was, the toilet wouldn't flush very early in the morning... The lady-staff on the phone said it was common to all the hotels in the Tumon area, which you might like to have up-to-the-minute info about from knowlegeable locals on this forum. The reason I mentioned Marriott is because during the daytime I heard a lot of "noise" from PIC, which was adjecent to M. But that's the way kids are and can't be helped, I reckon.

3. Re: Guam Has anybody stayed at the Hilton in Tumon Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tamuning