We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Febuary

Which Kahuku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Weather in Febuary

Planning a trip in Feb 2011, thinking of staying at Turtle Bay but wondering if the ocean is too rough for swimming at that time of year and how much rain can we expect. We are beach lovers and love to swim so if the ocean is too rough it may be a problem.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
1. Re: Weather in Febuary

The largest surf will probably be over by then but there is no way of telling how it will be in Feb. That's like asking when it's going to snow in Buffalo!! Everyone knows it will but when? Personally I wouldn't stay up there in Feb. but I'm sure lots of folks do. Just a bit rainier than I would like and no guarantee you will be able to get into the water unlike the south shore of Waikiki!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
2. Re: Weather in Febuary

Kuilima Cove at Turtle Bay Resort is protected & is safe all year except when there is really huge surf. Besides being a cove, there is also a breakwall there.

Turtle Bay Resort is at the northern most part of the island.

It is fairly dry at the resort, while a mile or so away in the mountains, it rains much more.

climatesource.com/hi/…oahuppt_xl.jpg

So no problem staying at Turtle Bay because of the rain.

However, it is almost an hour from Turtle Bay to Honolulu/Waikiki. So if you plan to spend a lot of time seeing the attractions in Honolulu/Waikiki, then maybe Kailua would be better.

Lots of Oahu info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

Driving Tours, Maps, North Shore, Websites & more:

tripadvisor.com/AllReviews-g29222-Oahu_Hawai…

For a free Oahu (and other islands) brochure:

1-800-GOHAWAII

NY
3. Re: Weather in Febuary

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

4. Re: Weather in Febuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:58 am, April 21, 2012
5. Re: Weather in Febuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:54 am, April 26, 2011