We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

Montesano...
reviews: 31
Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

I can't find any reviews on a house rental in Hawaii called Beach House in Paradise. I found it on Craigslist Hawaii but need more information.

Has anyone stayed here before?

16 replies to this topic
Seattle
reviews: 18
1. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

I would not recommend renting through Craigslist. Could be on the up and up, but a lot of scams have been reported. - Not about this property specifically, but in general.

If you do decide to pursue it, suggest you do a lot of circling and sniffing!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 174
2. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

Hmmmm. If it is only listed on Craigslist, I would consider that to be a red flag. Legitimate owners really want to rent their units so will use the obvious places, like VRBO.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 339
3. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

Ummmm did you Google it?

It was the first link that came up.

http://www.beachhouseinparadise.com/

Looks pretty dang nice to me.

And they have a guestbook

beachhouseinparadise.com/index.php/guestbook

It has been talked about on TA before.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k462361…

And it looks like they are on all the major rental sites as well.

beachhouseinparadise.com/index.php/rates-ava…

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
4. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

scott

But that does not mean the Craigs List listing is genuine.

But Craigs List is notorious for scams.

After reading your reply, I do not think much of the guestbook. They say almost the exact thing.

From the website:

"Thank you for letting us stay............."

Thank you Jessica and Shawn..........."

Thank you Shawn & Jessica..............."

Thank you for sharing such a ..............."

I am no hand writing expert.

But (to me) many of the guestbook entries seem to have the same handwriting.

Look at the "T" and f (small f), throughout the guestbook.

Look at the word Thank(s) or The. Many of the he "T's" have the same slant in both the slant & the cross.

Some of the other letters appear to be the same.

I believe many (or all) were written by just a few people.

Check out the Guestbook list on 9/15/11 (in red ink). All three have exactly the same handwriting. And Chevy Chase & Mathew Broderick on the same page. To stop the rolling Guestbook entries, mouse over the entry.

I don't know if the property is genuine, but the Guestbook entries on their website are fake.

Run from this listing & website.

5. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, March 03, 2013

LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
6. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

Hmm. Something smells like self-promotion here.

No advertising allowed.

St. John's, Canada
7. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

To TamiA99, my name is Elaine & 4 of us did indeed stay at the Fabulous Beach House in Paradise - see our Feb 4/12 guest book entry! (This is an authentic entry in my daughters handwriting - we actually looked at all the entries in the book !). My husband & I did a 7 day cruise & then were joined by our dtr & s-I-L for an amazing week in Paradise.

You have made an excellent villa choice because Beach House in Paradise is exactly as its name suggests.

We are from the most easterly point in Canada, newfoundland, and the arrangements were made with Shawn via email - nice & easy. When we arrived, we found that his directions & instructions were absolutely as he had described. The unit itself was wonderfully spacious, kitchen was well stocked, very clean (my #1 priority), lots of eating/sitting space, washroom/shower - all inside amenities were just like home. Dishwasher was out of commission & Shawn was waiting on the repairman. Not a deal breaker at all! You literally walk out across the stone deck, down 3 steps and your feet are right on the beautiful hot Hawaiian white sand - few more steps and you're splish splashing in the blue green sea! As I write this review , I feel the serenity of that special place - etched in my mind forever. Other plusses include the outdoor hot tub.washer/dryer on site.tiki bar.outdoor refrigerator to keep drinks cold.outdoor shower,BBQ . And a chest full of water toys, snorkel gear, life jackets. We enjoyed using Shawn's kayaks which are there for your use free of charge!

The location was also just perfect for us - we drove up to the surfing competition, pineapple plantation, other sites and back to Waikiki whenever we wanted to. Safe & easy. Felt like we were really on our own tropical piece of Oahu. We have visited most CDN provinces, 11 of the US states, as well as half a dozen Caribbean countries. I am confident that you will thoroughly your stay - it truly is a Beach House in Paradise, and I'm looking forward to staying with Shawn again very soon. Feel free to contact me if you need further info. Hope this helps! Mahalo. Elaine

LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
8. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

So amazing you posted after the self-promotion post was pulled.

St. John's, Canada
9. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

PareoB - Amazing? Sorry I don't completely understand your comment, but you sound cynical.

I saw the question posted by TamiA99 this morning at breakfast, since I was away at my cottage on the weekend. I have no affiliation with this property or the Owner whatsoever, and I gave my honest opinion so the original poster would know about our awesome experience.

Perhaps Ohau Destination Experts should stay at properties before commenting. Also, I have never looked at Craigslist. If you are questioning the validity of my comments or their timing, then I certainly take offence.

Mahalo! Elaine

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
10. Re: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu

Aloha,

I think it is within TA guidelines for an owner of a property or business to respond to a specific question about said business/property.

I found the response credible and real.

I have no idea why it got deleted.

Thanks SnOflake for helping the OP

Aloha

Reply to: Beach House in Paradise on Oahu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hauula
More Hauula Topics