We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

Which Wailuku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maui, Hawaii
reviews: 23
BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

news just announced that GO will fly the majority of flights between the islands and Mokulele to do the off routes after the merge.

This is Bad because GO! Mesa is not a reliable airline.

BOOK with HAWAIIAN or ISLAND AIR

Also sucks because alot of teh ex Aloha Airlines employees went to work for Mokulele, now going to be flown as GO!mesa

Yet another slap in their faces

Maui, Hawaii
1. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

Click here: Mokulele - FAQ

all effective Oct 14th

add the www

mokuleleairlines.com/FAQ.html#1

Maui
2. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

I was so disappointed at this news today. I already booked with Mokulele for this Friday so now I will be flying on go!. Thats too bad Mokulele could not survive independently, I have been enjoying flying with them. Hopefully in the future things will turn around.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 107
3. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

The Embraers are going back to the mainland. Its too hard for 3 airlines to survive in Hawaii.

Maui, Hawaii
4. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

orangebird,

I would try my best to get a refund from Mokulele and just fly Hawaiian.

The new deal means back to the smaller Go planes, Cramped limited carry on space, one Flight attendant, tarmac exiting and loading at HNL and now No Advance seat reservations.

Hawaiian seems like a luxury airliner comparedly.

Nebraska
reviews: 1
5. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

The interislnd flights have always been a very competitive business venture.

I am sorry for big business reducing that competition.

Back when it was just Hawaiian and Aloha, things just seemed easier.

Rich

Ocoee, Florida
reviews: 7
6. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

The cold, hard truth to the matter is that if Aloha's senior management had not been so incompetent, they would still be here. That's the glory of the free market: The weak fail and are pushed aside by the strong.

Just think of it this way: If a poorly-run business is allowed to continue operation, how does the consumer ever win? All you can look forward to is higher prices and crappier service. And who will fund the ever-losing enterprise? Businesses exist solely to earn a profit so that they can repay stockholders/investors. Otherwise, what is the incentive to invest? Without investment incentive, there will be no investment. Without investment, all that remains is economic stagnation.

As far as Mesa goes, they have deep pockets and can run for a given length of time at a severe loss. There will come a day when they can no longer sustain their momentum. BUT, in the mean time, there is a winner in this scenario! Who might that be? The Consumer!

And the funny little piece of the scenario is that even if Mesa can eliminate all of its competition, as soon as they try to raise their rates to be profitable and repay investors, another company will come along and do the same to them that they did to Aloha. It will run full-circle. And, again, the consumer will win! While Mesa loses.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
7. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

Aloha,

And Mesa/go also has already backtracked on its statement of no layoffs. This morning's news is reporting that more than 60 Mokulele employees are being "furloughed".

Go AWAY go.............................far, far away!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
8. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

"The weak fail and are pushed aside by the strong."

Or they get a nice nudge by someone using illegal tactics.

Given how GO! got into the market in the first place I would not ever use them even if they were the only game in town. I am not saying Aloha was great, good or even mediocre but they deserved to go under on their own if that was how it was to be.

Call me old fashioned but I beleive in fair play AND karma...

Marlton, New Jersey
reviews: 426
9. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

I was supposed to be flying Mokulele on Nov 24 to Molakai. I guess now I am flying this go! airline. I feel a bit nervous. The flight is already paid for.

Pahoa. HI
10. Re: BAD news GO/Mesa merging with Mokulele/Republic

Agree 100%. Out of sheer principle I'll never fly Mesa/go, even if I have to pay twice the amount to fly Hawaiian. The judge who ruled recently that it would be a slap in the face of all previous Aloha Airlines employees if go! airlines were allowed to use the name "Aloha" (whih they had requested) did so for a good reason. Mesa was deceptive from the very beginning about its intentions in Hawaii. Interestingly, everyone I talk with (who has flown go!) had a bad experience. Usually a delay of an hour, or two. I guess some of their flights must operate on time but I have yet to talk to someone who had an on-time experience. That kind of stuff will catch up with eventually...

Get answers to your questions about Wailuku