We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
S.W. Michigan
Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

We're taking 4 teenagers (18-19yrs) in March and want them to be within walking distance of many activities. I'm torn between the Kaanapali Beach area and Lahaina. Paumana seems to be one of the few places in Lahaina with a beach and 3-4 bedroom units. I'm having a hard time finding 3 bedroom units on Kaanapali Beach too? Anyone have ideas?

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 34
1. Re: Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

Puamana is probably one of the most spacious places you will find, and it is within walking distance of Lahaina town, which has plenty of restaurants, shops and activities to keep people busy.

The beach at Puamana is okay but sometimes it disappears ... it is good for swimming and boogie boarding, but not big enough for laying out. However, they do have lounge chairs up on the grass and a great oceanfront pool where the waves come up and splash in ...

I personally like Lahaina better than Kaanapali ... I like the "town feel" and there are more restaurants and such, as compared to Whaler's Village. I love staying at Puamana and would definitely go back.

You can walk to Puamana beach park (the property is bounded by Puamana Beach Park (state park) on one end and Front Street (to Lahaina) on the other.

If you have specific questions, I'll be glad to answer...

S.W. Michigan
2. Re: Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

Thanks for the info Konagirl! Do you recommend a specific condo or condo rental agency? We want to be ocean front and able to look at all that water! Paumana sounds like a HUGE place though... If were on the end opposite Lahaina town, will it take forever to walk there?

I was hoping to have a nice beach to take long walks on, but if the beach in front of Paumana disappears, what then? Any other details you can share would be wonderful! Thanks!

Phx. Arizona
3. Re: Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

Our family of seven stayed at a beautiful condo in Puamana a couple of monthe ago. We have made reservations for 2007 for the same condo. It is close to Lahaina where there is a lot to see. The beach is not that bad in some spots. We watched a lot of surfers and some boogie boarders. The grounds are beautiful and they have three pools, one of which is right on the on edge of the ocean. The waves can come crashing up to give a nice cooling off. They do have a lot of two and three bedrooms to choose from. We got ours thru VRBO.

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 3
4. Re: Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

We stayed at a 3-bedroom unit #35-3 for a week. There were 6 of us and the condo was huge! The living room had so much space we literally had to move the couches closer to the TV. The condo itself was well-maintained, fully-equipped with everything in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, BBQ. This unit is not ocean-front, but on the 3rd floor bedroom you get a glimpse of the ocean, bonus! Yes, it's hot, but why complain? you're in the tropics, enjoy it!. AC in every room. The beach does disappear, so no long romantic walks here, go to lahaina instead. But the Puamana grounds are well manicured. The "ocean" pool is like no other we've ever seen. We like it's proximity to Lahaina, walking takes about 20-30 min, driving takes 2 min. Tip: make your dinner and take it to the clubehouse/gazebo area outside, and enjoy ocean-front dining. They have many outdoor dining tables and chairs for everyone's use.

One minor thing I had trouble with here was the security gate codes. They sent us the codes in our rental contract ahead of time, but kept changing the gate codes once we get there. No one seems to know what the current code is. I made several phone calls to the security guy, the parking attendant, the property owner etc, kept getting conflicting codes. Got stuck at the main gate couple times at night. Got locked out of the pool a few times. Sigh... someone should be more on top of this.... Other than, great find, would return again... Aloha!

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

The one AJOR problem with Puamana is the beach . There is virtually no beach. Why go to Maui and not stay on a beach - a real beach !!!

Kuala Lumpur...
6. Re: Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

The one MAJOR problem with Puamana is the beach . There is virtually no beach. Why go to Maui and not stay on a beach - a real beach !!!

7. Re: Thoughts on Paumana in Lahaina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 27, 2009