We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 night stay in Hana

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 1
1-2 night stay in Hana

We are looking at staying in Hana for a night or two to break up the drive from Kihei and fully enjoy all there is to see. I understand that Hana is a quiet town, but it seems that there is plenty to see/do in the area if we stay two nights....any thoughts? Also, we are six adults, looking for a condo/house in the $175-$250 range-any recommendations? THANKS!

Augusta, Georgia
1. Re: 1-2 night stay in Hana

I have not been to maui yet, but have done a lot of research!:) There is a house rental we looked at that can accomadate that many people in your price range that looked great. Here is the website.

www.hanaalohamaui.com

Austin, Texas
reviews: 12
2. Re: 1-2 night stay in Hana

We stayed in Hana 2 nights last year, and was wonderful-will do it again. The first day we took our time getting there, stopping lots but not straying toooooo far from the car as our luggage was in the trunk. Once we got to our little cottage, (Tradewinds tropicals-they also have a larger cottage and a couple other places-this one should accomodate 6 folks and priced reasonable, hope nobody is afraid of geckos: http://www.hanamaui.net/cottage.php) we got settled in, and changed for dinner at the Hotel Hana Maui. Next day we drove to the Black Sand Beach (it's a state park and the name escapes me), then the Seven Sacred Pools (O'heo Gulch) -swam in the coldest water I've ever been in, and Venus Pool (won't go back-you are literally tresspassing, and once we got there, there was no way I was going to risk the big slippery rocks to get in the water-beautiful though...) We also went to Hamoa Beach-gorgeous. That took a day, made the obligatory stop at Hasegawa General Store for a few things on the way back, and grilled steaks that we'd bought the day before at Safeway in Kahalui. Perfect evening. The last day, we drove back to Seven Pools and were so glad we'd gone the day before. It had rained all morning, and it was flooding, so they closed access to the pools, we really had just wanted to return to take photos, so did that, and headed back the back way past Haleakala to "civilization". Awesome drive.

new york
reviews: 2
3. Re: 1-2 night stay in Hana

we stayed in hana one night after our drive from lahaina. It was definetly the smart move staying the night after the long drive.. We stayed at a place called Joe's apartments. It was cheap and just a place to rest our heads for the night. It was one of the few places that let u just stay for one night. Nothing fancy, just a clean bed after a long drive. There is absolutely nothing to do in the town of Hana just so u know. The next day we drove to the sacred pools and then continued around the dry side of the island, wich i recommend.

California
reviews: 1
4. Re: 1-2 night stay in Hana

Thanks for the info everyone!

San Clemente, CA
reviews: 8
5. Re: 1-2 night stay in Hana

Great decision. You will be so much more relaxed and will truly "feel" the Hana spirit and way of life if you spend the night.

We spent 3 nights and ran out of time/didn't get to see everything.

Went hiking, horseback riding, swimming, got massages, laid on Hamoa Beach, etc. Hike to Waimoku Falls was the highlight of our trip- 400 foot waterfall!

6. Re: 1-2 night stay in Hana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, August 12, 2009