We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special occasion restaurant

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 12
Special occasion restaurant

Hi, we are staying at Lahiana Shores in January. I will be celebrating my 60th birthday on the second day and would like to book a restaurant table with ocean views and great food, not too worried about price as it is a special day. We will not have a car so walking distance from Lahiana Shores would be good. I would love to hear people's recommendations.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
1. Re: Special occasion restaurant

Aloha favnet. One of my very favorite restaurants on Maui is right next door to you at Lahaina Shores - Pacific' O. It's perfect for your birthday <<ocean views and great food, not too worried about price as it is a special day>>.

We love Pacific' O and never miss it on our Maui trips. We even chose to stay at Lahaina Shores last time partly to be close to it! And it is directly on the beach - or right next to it since Maui doesn't allow building ON the beach. Gorgeous views, wonderful food, and I like that they have wine pairings of reasonable wines by the glass that go beautifully with each dish. They also have their own upcountry organic farm for produce and even their own Maui coffee.

I did see your other thread where you said

<<It's me again...just had a thought about my query...it would be better still if anyone knows of somewhere 1 or 2 kms (sorry don't know the mileage) out of town, directly on the beach. Don't mind a short taxi ride or even a small walk. Thanks again.>>

I think Pacific' O is the only "on the beach" restaurant within that area. But if you want to go into Ka'anapali there are several beach front places including Hula Grill which has sand on their casual patio so you can eat with toes in the sand. I'm not so good with miles or km without looking it up, but it is about a 10 minute drive from Lahaina town.

Oh, for a really special night you could also do the Feast at Lele, right next door to LS as well - sister restaurant to Pacific' O.

http://www.feastatlele.com

Happy Maui birthday!!!

PS - you might want to delete your other thread so you have all of the information together. Otherwise it's confusing. Just go to the bottom of your post and click on "inapropriate content" and "remove my post". You need to be on the regular site, not mobile.

Edited: 8:03 am, October 04, 2013
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
2. Re: Special occasion restaurant

Good recs from Teri and, for a birthday celebration, I will second taking in the Feast at Lele...wonderful evening, intimate and right next door to your condo.

reviews: 767
3. Re: Special occasion restaurant

Feast @ Lele would make for a very nice evening! :)

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 82
4. Re: Special occasion restaurant

Pacifico's has always been a special place. Right on the beach, they have there own farm growing their veggies, good wine list. Delux but casual. and what a view.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 12
5. Re: Special occasion restaurant

Thankyou for the quick replies...I now have a couple of options to look into and book early.

Also thankyou for the birthday wishes...I haven't been to Maui before but I'm sure there wouldn't be a better place to spend a birthday.

6. Re: Special occasion restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 06, 2014