We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

I learned here in the forum based on my previous question that a buffet breakfast is not the way to go.... So I'll ask this.

Staying at the Honua Kai resort. Looking for suggestions for breakfasts on the way to Hana, on the way to Haleakala, and the other couple of lazy days at the resort and poking around shops in the area.

All info greatly appreciated!

---Paul

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 4
11. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

Koa's in Lahaina, same breakfast items as the Gazebo without the line up.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 16
12. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

we had great breakfasts at the Sea House and the Pioneer Inn and Lahaina Coolers. Best breakfast was probably at Colleens, but that is nowhere near Lahaina. But if you are doing Road to Hana, great way to start!

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 315
13. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

Castaway Café is one of our favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Oceanside view is wonderful, too. Charley's in Paia is a great choice to start the Road to Hana excursion. Look for Willie Nelson -- it's his regular hangout when he's home in Maui. And Kula Lodge is always our dining stop for either breakfast or lunch when going up Haleakala.

Grass Valley, CA
reviews: 58
14. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

I've eaten at Aloha Mixed Plate for breakfast. The kalua hash is great. My taro bread French toast was undercooked with raw egg all over it. I had to send it back. Not sure how it made it out of the kitchen that way :-( That said, I'm still going back! :-)

Aubrey, Texas
reviews: 18
15. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

We went to Aloha Mixed Plate for breakfast one morning and it was fabulous! My son had the Hawaiian sweet bread French toast which was to die for and the rest of us had Loco Moco along with fresh fruit. Not only was the food good but the view was spectacular, the wait staff was so nice and the bill was wonderful at only like $60 for all 4 of us!! :)

Wayne, New Jersey
16. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

Thank you for the insight on aloha mixed plate for breakfast! The kalua pork hash especially makes my tummy rumble!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 352
17. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

My favorite places for breakfast in the Lahaina/Ka'anapali area are Plantation House, the Gazebo, Sea House (I'll start at Gazebo and if the line is more than 10 minutes, I'll walk over to Sea House), Sunrise Cafe, Pioneer Inn (isn't just a name, it was built in 1901), Betty's Beach Cafe and Java Jazz & Soup Nutz.

18. Re: Breakfasts on Maui in Lahaina / Kaanapali area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 26, 2014