We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals and Wheels?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia...
reviews: 32
Meals and Wheels?

Hi all,

I am thinking about a spring vacation to Maui for 2014. I'm looking at the Royal Lahaina resort due to price and proximity to beach. We'd be traveling with two kids (11 and 14) and I'm wondering what I would expect to pay for meals in the area (just to help me budget). For example, at a café-type place, what would a burger and fries set me back? And a bistro in the evening - average dinner prices?

Also - we are not afraid to walk, but I'm wondering if it's really a "must" to rent a car on Maui - that seems to be the sentiment of most people I've spoken to.

And finally - it looks like we could get "nickel and dimed" at the Royal Lahaina - apparently you have to pay to rent beach chairs - anyone know what the cost of this would be each day?

Any other thoughts that anyone can offer for a first timer are welcomed! Thanks in advance.

British Columbia...
reviews: 32
11. Re: Meals and Wheels?

Yes, thank you. I have decided on a car for sure, and most like

Y a condo! Now it's just the final decision to choose Maui over Mexico (taking the kids for the first time in a few years and just deciding which option would be best for them, without putting us in the poorhouse! :D

12. Re: Meals and Wheels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 18, 2014