We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
reviews: 37
Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

I have booked through Dollar rental car but now I am wondering..... priceline name your price and a convertible???? Any thoughts is it really worth it? what prices have "won" so to speak.... I have what I think is a good deal with dollar 202.00 for the week (with all charges)123.00 was the base on a standard car.... thoughts????

lake forest park
reviews: 2
1. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

I have a full size car for 14 days for the end of June at $258 for everything thru Costco. If I got a bid thru Priceline for a great bid of $10 I would still have taxes and fees of about $10/day plus and extra driver for another $10 I would be looking at $420 instead of $258. That's why I don't use Priceline anymore.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
2. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

Have you gotten a price from http://discounthawaiicarrental.com/ ?

You might give them a try.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
3. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

I should add...have those teens sit in the back of a convertible with the top up and see what they say. Trunk space is also VERY limited for 4 people.

arizona
4. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

Thats good to know.... Maybe upgrade at counter is a better option but do we really need a convertible? We have sunroofs in our cars at home so it goes without saying we like fresh air/sun

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
reviews: 16
5. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

How tall are your boys??How big are their feet?? I was in the back seat with a 6'2 driver and his 5'7" wife..both seats back and my feet had to go in the backseat with me and I'm only 5'3". No way would my feet go between the back seat and the frond seat. (size 7 shoe).

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
6. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

True story...while waiting for a shuttle back to the airport I watched a family of 4 loading up a Sebring. The kids, about 8 and 10 were excitedly bouncing in the back seat while Mom and Dad tried to pack the luggage, including around the kids. After a few minutes it became obvious this was a no go and Dad trudged back in to change to a car. Not a fun way to start a vacation!

arizona
7. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

The boys are 5'7 and 5'9 and thin....Momma is only 5'3" BUT....HAS A LOT OF SANDLES PACKED!!!! I think I will stick with what I have...... Thanks Everyone!!!!

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 21
8. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

We are a family of 3 and rented a convertible while in Palm Springs to see if a convertible would work for us. I am happy to report that it was very doable!!! We now have a convertible reserved for our Hawaii trip in July and are quite excited!!! We found that by keeping the top up at the times we had our luggage ( to and from the airport) it gave us enough room in the truck and back seat to accomodate our bags. I think for 3 people it is very doable and would make your Hawaii trip very memorable. Im also 5'3 and makes a big difference in how much room is left in the back seat after your seat is adjusted forward.... Enjoy your trip!!!

arizona
9. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

Thats good to know.... Maybe upgrade at counter is a better option but do we really need a convertible? We have sunroofs in our cars at home so it goes without saying we like fresh air/sun we shall see if i can get a last miniute deal. Aloha!!!

10. Re: Maui Rental car dollar vs priceline name your own price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 31, 2014