We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Maui

We are 2 single girls going to Maui for 2 days to go snorkelling and swimming with dolphins or turtles in the daytime and party at night where do others recommend for both and also reasonable clean nice accommodation. We have been recommended to stay in kaapanali and not laogai a but to go to laogai a for night time. We will be there in September mon and tues nights.we are staying in Honolulu before and after here.

Look forward to lots of feedback

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 34
1. Re: Maui

I am guessing by laogai that my be you are referring to Lahaina?

There will be much more nightlife in Waikiki, so enjoy it there.

You'll find good snorkeling in Kaanapali. Around black rock is good, but I really like airport beach in North Kaanapali. Good parking, nice park and easily accessible reef.

Kaanapali is the biggest resort area on maui so there will be some nightlife and you can drive or take a shuttle to Lahaina, a town up the road with quite a few restaurants and bara.

I would think for the younger crowd Kihei may also offer some nightlife. It's closer to the airport but could be an option. Maybe others will give advice.

Will you have a car?

2. Re: Maui

Thank you and oops yes I meant lahaina a thank you no we won't have a car

Edited: 4:46 am, May 05, 2013
Sacramento...
reviews: 24
3. Re: Maui

WIth no car - I would recommend staying in Kaanapali - you will have snorkeling at Black Rock and some night life - but it won't be like Waikiki -

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
4. Re: Maui

Brenda,

You might prefer Kihei to Ka'anapali. I don't know the area well, but it is less expensive, more local, and could be fun for you. Also less expensive to shuttle to and from the airport since it's closer. I think Maui Coast Hotel and Days Inn are near good snorkeling. Does anyone else know what kind of nightlife might be walkable from either of these hotels?

Btw, swimming with dolphins is not allowed on Maui. But if you snorkel you will most likely swim with the honu. Have a great trip!

Aubrey, Texas
reviews: 18
5. Re: Maui

If you're not going to have a car, I would highly suggest staying at either the Westin Resorts (Villas or Resort and Spa) or the Sheraton. They have a great shuttle system that takes you into Lahaina once every hour.

As far as night life goes, you're going to be disappointed. The sidewalks pretty much roll up around 10:00 every night. You'd probably be better off staying in Waikiki.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
6. Re: Maui

Without you giving us a nightly budget for accommodations, we can't really help you. Also not having a car will limit where you can go. The center of Kihei Town will give you the nightlife and they don't roll up the sidewalks at 10:00pm. It's also where you will find the "most budget friendly" accommodations. Kaanapali also would be good depending on what your budget is.

There are no captive dolphins on Maui. No tour boats that I know of that will let you "swim with the dolphins" Which, by the way is REALLY frowned upon in Hawaii. Go to the Maui forum and check out the Top Questions. Especially the one about swimming with dolphins. You can go on a tour boat to Lanai where you will more than likely see dolphins while on the way there and back.

7. Re: Maui

Hi everyone thank you for the feedback. We were intending to take a dayvtripmout to outer islands for snorkelling and seeing dolphins or turtles so was rally wondering are any if the trips better than others.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 63
8. Re: Maui

Right on point. No nightlife in Maui which is the beauty of it!

Dallas, Texas
9. Re: Maui

Right on point. No nightlife in Maui which is the beauty of it!

Dallas, Texas
10. Re: Maui

Not much nightlife in Maui which is why I love Maui so much and prefer it over Honolulu anyday. Most people go to Maui to relax, go on exursions, day trips to Hana and so forth. They don't really go there to party. I think you're best bet would be to stay in Waikiki; lots of partying there. Two days in Maui is such a waist of time.

Edited: 10:17 pm, June 16, 2013