We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do!!!?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
What to do!!!?

My fiance and I are going to be going on our Honeymoon the very end of March in 2014! We are going to be staying on Kahana Beach in Maui! What are the top suggestions that you feel we NEED to check out!? We both have never been to Hawaii, and we will be renting a car while we are there!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
11. Re: What to do!!!?

Never too early to plan...many folks book their condos a year out! I know we do!

You mentioned Kahana Beach but I think you probably meant Kaanapali Beach...look at the condos on the north end, Honua Kai, Westin Villas and Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas.

Be aware that there is not a lot of night-life on Maui but in that area you will close to a few bars and Lahaina Town.

Most folks call it an early night because of the time change and all the water and sun filled activities.

Start by reading some of the Trip reports and see what appeals to you.

Also go through all the info to the upper right and left on this page.

Lots of wonderful adventures to be had on Maui!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
12. Re: What to do!!!?

the resort we are looking to stay at is on Kahana Beach the Valley Isle Resort, it says it is about 7mins away from Lahaina!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
13. Re: What to do!!!?

Ahhh! Kahana Beach is not thrown around often, hence the confusion! Not a huge beach.

Are you by chance booking through Worldmark/Wyndam? Only asking since I have booked 2 honeymoons for my kids with our points as many Northwesterners do.

It's a great location

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
14. Re: What to do!!!?

I actually have been looking at the VRBO website and that is where I found this resort it seems like you can get a pretty good deal! My other choice resort was actually on kaanapali beach but it was a little bit more out of our price range...

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 35
15. Re: What to do!!!?

I wouldn't worry about booking a condo too early. Once you find one you like and have done the research to make sure it really is "it", I would book. The places I stay tend to book up over a year ahead...you wouldn't be without a place, but if you wait, you can miss out on what you want.

You will definitely love it and make sure you do read up..on things in general and stuff on this forum. Lots of great info!

Alaska
reviews: 7
16. Re: What to do!!!?

Haley......once you find three to five places, you can always feel free to toss the links on this forum and ask for advice and opinions on your choices. I did that for Kihei Surfside and it was very helpful. We booked right after getting the advice and began our official countdown. :-)))

It also helps a great deal if you give your exact nightly budget, once you actually know what it is. Aren't you glad you found TA forums? Deb

Hartford...
reviews: 17
17. Re: What to do!!!?

Theres so many cool things to do on Maui to list them all would be tuff. I suggest you start reading the many trip reports posted here. I just read one that was a blog with lots of pics. This site is loaded with info and finding it was good for you.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
18. Re: What to do!!!?

All of you are great! Thank you so much for all the advice : ) I appreciate all of you taking the time to comment! When I narrow it down a few I will post some links and see what you all think!

Kihei
19. Re: What to do!!!?

There is a nighttime party cruise called Maui Moonlights that's super fun! It's kind of hard to get tickets but you can check their website www.mauimoonlights.com. I think they only go out on Saturdays.

reviews: 248
20. Re: What to do!!!?

Aloha Haley and congratulations on your engagement! Had the chance to stay at the Sands of Kahana several times and enjoyed the beach there! Not too far you can hang out in Lahaina, Kaanapali, Kapalua, Napili and Honokawai. Honolua Bay is a beautiful snorkeling area and there are of course tons of water activities. Driving around the coastline is awesome and Front Street and Whalers Village has alot of great shops and restaurants. Great spas, historical tours and maybe even a train ride. Depends on also what would be interesting to your fiance too?does he like to golf?how about museums, aquarium?Road to Hana or bike down a volcano sound appealing?lots to choose....