We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do!!!?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
What to do!!!?

My fiance and I are going to be going on our Honeymoon the very end of March in 2014! We are going to be staying on Kahana Beach in Maui! What are the top suggestions that you feel we NEED to check out!? We both have never been to Hawaii, and we will be renting a car while we are there!

53 replies to this topic
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: What to do!!!?

How long will you be there? What activities do you enjoy? Do you already have that car booked? :)

LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
2. Re: What to do!!!?

So you have a year to plan.

Get ahold of several of the available published guides and read them.

I'm not sure I would have made a reservation this far in advance.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
3. Re: What to do!!!?

Gee Pareo - I didn't even notice the 2014 date . . . guess they can hold off on the car rental for a bit, eh? :)

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4. Re: What to do!!!?

i am just looking for suggestions... like i said i have NEVER been to Hawaii, so i was looking for some advice. We havent made a reservation yet, but i have been looking at the resort we are going to stay at... and yes obviously i am not going to be renting a car anytime soon... kind of a silly remark in my opinion.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5. Re: What to do!!!?

and i actually was pretty shocked to see that alot of the dates we were/are planning to go are already taken up for the most part bc of spring break...

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
6. Re: What to do!!!?

Well, if you were coming this month - it would be vital. At peak times, car rentals are all booked up - and there are some people that don't prebook and end up with out a car and are quite stuck at their hotel or resort.

Are you sure you want Maui? Have you researched all the islands? www.gohawaii.com is a good place to start - lots of idea, info and some great photos on all the islands. But if you tell us how many days you are have and things you enjoy, that would help. I mean - I could tell you to go snorkeling, but if you don't swim, that wouldn't be very helpful. Maui has a ton of things you can do - and is a great honeymoon destination if that helps. :)

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
7. Re: What to do!!!?

yes i just want to make sure i give myself PLENTY of time bc i dont want to have to stress about things not coming together!! We will be there for 7 nights, Monday March 31st to Monday April 7th! We enjoy the night life, so some fun bar places would be nice, we are for sure going to be renting a condo with a full kitchen so we wont have to eat out on the town as much! but we def. want to experience some of the yummy foods there! And we are very open when it comes to the food aspect, not picky! we enjoy water activities as well, and def. want to do some snorkeling! i have for sure made up my mind on Maui, somewhere i have always wanted to go! i plan on booking everything AT LEAST 6 months in advance (or at least close to that time frame!)

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
8. Re: What to do!!!?

OH and i FOR SURE need to go to at least one luau!!! : )

anchorage
reviews: 6
9. Re: What to do!!!?

Haley.....we knew for sure we were going to Maui eleven months in advance the first time we went several years ago. (I had been there for a week when I was 21, but that was 28 years ago!) I had no idea TA forums existed, so you are ahead of the game. The advice you've been given is great to buy a guidebook or two and read it.

BUT hang around this forum and read trip reports! You will get so much helpful advice and learn everything you need to know. You can start a saved trip file and just click "Save this Post" under the reply button, and you will be saving all the stuff that will make your honeymoon fantastic! Congrats on the wedding and good taste in honeymoon destinations. Deb

P.S. Actually read everything that interests you and save the info for your file!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
10. Re: What to do!!!?

thanks deb ; ) i had NO idea this site existed until today!! i will be obsessed now! just like pinterest! lol

Reply to: What to do!!!?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted