We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sunday Brunch

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 25
Best Sunday Brunch

We will be visiting Maui in May for a Girlfriend Getaway and would like to have a Sunday Champagne Brunch. Have heard that Kaanapaili Beach Hotel is the best........anyone know the approx. cost. Please post your experience.

Kihei
reviews: 42
1. Re: Best Sunday Brunch

I've had the Grand Wailea one and it was ok. I believe they are a little more than the Kaanapali Beach Hotel.

S.F. Bay Area
reviews: 9
2. Re: Best Sunday Brunch

I would personally venture up to the Plantation House in Kapalua, where you can get amazing, individually prepared food & an incredible atmosphere for far less than the (last time I checked) ~$37pp.)

If the drive up north is unappealing to you (or you simply want something walking distance on Ka'anapali beach) I'd also encourage you to check out Swan Court breakfast (becomes "Sonz at Swan Court for dinner, but Hyatt runs the breakfast service) which is ~$10 less expensive, but with 5x the atmosphere.. I know they stop service at 11am most days, so not sure if times are extended on Sundays(?)

Link: …hyatt.com/hyatt/…

Alo)(a, NKO

La Costa, California
3. Re: Best Sunday Brunch

We had the brunch at KBH maybe 5 years ago and didn't like the food or the restaurant very much.

I would agree completely with MauiNOK. The breakfast buffet at Swan Court at the Hyatt is really nice, not a brunch though. Plantation House is my favorite and in the morning you can order from breakfast or lunch menu.

Dave

Virginia
4. Re: Best Sunday Brunch

Thanks to all for your replies/opinions. The reason I ask about KBH is that one of our group was there several years and wanted to go back, mainly b/c of the view~atmosphere. I can't imagine there being a bad view anywhere on Maui.

S.F. Bay Area
reviews: 9
5. Re: Best Sunday Brunch

Your initial question indicated you'd heard the KBH Sunday Brunch was the best, and while the hotel is definitely flowing with aloha & hawai'iana, I feel there are many better options, though perhaps some are not technically construed as a proper "Sunday Brunch."

The KBH brunch is a very popular place for both Mother's day & Easter Brunch, but I've never found the food or restaurant very appealing -- particularly at that ($37/pp) price-point. I feel that all of the suggestions above offer superior views, food quality and ambiance -- most also at much better price-points. However, if your friend is set on the KBH, I am sure you will all have an enjoyable time there! :)

Virginia
6. Re: Best Sunday Brunch

Again, thank you for the suggestions. As my friend has already been to the KBH brunch, I might suggest we try something from the above suggestions. She may be somewhat disappointed, but the majority rules. I don't think I want to spend $37 + gratuity for a so-so meal.

7. Re: Best Sunday Brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 09, 2014