We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disappointing lunch at Pacific'O

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill, North...
Disappointing lunch at Pacific'O

We had lunch there in 2011 and, in addition to the remarkably beautiful setting, we remember having a fabulous lunch.

Went there yesterday and, while the setting was still beautiful, the food not so much. Last time, my wife had the ginger fish and I had the pasta ele ele. I enjoyed mine but remember being really jealous of hers so, yesterday, we both had the ginger fish - mahi mahi, just like last time. It was actually pretty boring - as if the chefs phoned it in.

To make matters worse, our server's attitude was pro forma: when he said (while looking off), "Excellent choice. One of our best dishes," I was sure he would have said that about any choice we made. Very disengaged and just going through the motions with the touristas.

The mall also looks like it's struggling. We suspect there's a story here....

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
1. Re: Disappointing lunch at Pacific'O

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the review. I always like to hear about Pacific'O. It was our favorite on our first Maui trip. We eat lunch or dinner there each time we go to Maui, 6 times in the last ten years. We have experienced some lackluster dishes at lunch too. And other times it is fabulous. At dinner, I have always been very pleased. I'm guessing the A team isn't in the kitchen at lunch. And while some servers do a better job than others, we've always been satisfied with the service. I do think if we are ordering wine we usually get better service. I suppose they are expecting a lower tip and don't try so hard - self full filling prophecy! Anyway, we will keep returning. We didn't notice any big changes in 505 Front center in January. Have shops closed recently?

Chapel Hill, North...
2. Re: Disappointing lunch at Pacific'O

We did order alcohol so I don't think that was it.

Not sure when shops closed but many, many in the center of the mall were shuttered with " excuse our construction mess" signs.

3. Re: Disappointing lunch at Pacific'O

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 06, 2014