We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warrenton, Virginia
Where to stay

We are staying in Maui the first of April and am confused as to where to stay . . . so many great choices. I'm torn between the Maui Kai and Napili Point Resort. We like to snorkel and hike and love beautiful scenery. Any other suggestions would be great. We are on a budget and don't want to spend too much on accomodations but also want something nice.

Sask
reviews: 6
1. Re: Where to stay

We stayed in Kihei, which I have read, is a bit more affordable than the West side. I'm sure someone will chime in about your two choices. From my experience, if you want affordable and good accommodations, don't look for it one month before you go. You should state your dollar budget if you want other suggestions.

Sacramento...
reviews: 24
2. Re: Where to stay

I don't know about Maui Kai (did you mean Napili Kai?), but we usually stay in the Napili area - last time at Napili Kai. This time needed a bigger (bringing family this time) more affordable place so will be staying at Napili Point in c39. I am betting we will love it! If you meant Napili Kai - if I could afford it with the family in out on the point, I would be back in a heartbeat. But rooms big enough for all of us is three times the cost of a nice 2 bedroom at Napili Point.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
3. Re: Where to stay

Have you looked at vrbo? That way you know exactly which unit you are renting. You can plunk in your dates, use the filter for how many bedrooms, and anything else you like and see what comes up.

As Mars mentioned, a budget figure definitely helps us better to help you.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 14
4. Re: Where to stay

You do know that Lahaina is the TOWN, right? There are resort areas to the north (Ka'anapali, Napili, etc.) that are often lumped into "Lahaina." Do you have a good map of Maui?

If you would like us to recommend other places for you, please share with us your nightly accomodations budget. "We are on a budget" means different things to different people.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 68
5. Re: Where to stay

Maui Kai is a high rise condo directly on the ocean. The pool is located on the mountain side of the condo. They are located in the Honokowai area of Lahaina.

Napili Point is a two story condo property located in the Napili area of Lahaina.

It is built into a rocky point. They bay they overlook has very good snorkeling and sometimes great surfing. They have a path from the edge of the property that leads to the beautiful sandy Napili Bay beach. Napili area is a few degrees cooler and it is greener. There are two pools I think. It is a popular property for weddings because of the photo opportunities.

When you address a letter all of the different areas of West Maui have the city listed as Lahaina and a zip of 96761 or 96767. I remember when we added the telephone prefix of 667 to the original 661 and 669 .

Edited: 12:32 pm, March 01, 2013
Warrenton, Virginia
6. Re: Where to stay

Thanks everyone! We decided to go with Napili Point and can't wait!

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
7. Re: Where to stay

Then make sure you check out the slack key guitar concert when there! It happens every Wednesday night, different entertainers every week.

Have a wonderful time!

http://www.slackkeyshow.com/

You will be very close to the venue.

8. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 03, 2014