We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Luau

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
reviews: 2
Best Luau

I understand some Luau's may be better than others.. can someone a recommend one of the better ones in terms of food and entertainment value. We will be staying at the Hyatt ( i believe they have one as well).

Thanks in advance.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
1. Re: Best Luau

The Old Lahaina is the best, most traditional luau. They actually take reservations as well, so no need to line up an hour ahead of time, and no one to try to get you to pay another 15 - 20 dollars for front row seats.

The Feast at Lele, while not a luau, has an eclectic menu, more of a Polynesian revue complete with fire dancer, but you also get your own table. So more intimate that way, and you get a reserved table again, so no need for lining up early.

I have attended the OLL and the one at the Sheraton. Would never go back to the Sheraton... too cheesy. How many people are going? Any kids?

Edmonton
reviews: 2
2. Re: Best Luau

there will be 2 of us.. just my wife and I.

How is the one at Hyatt? or are we better served going to OLL?

Boston, MA
reviews: 5
3. Re: Best Luau

The luau at the Hyatt, Drums of the Pacific, has the best fire knife dancer (I believe he wins every year). It's more of a luau, like you would see on TV. An MC who gets everyone to say "ALOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAA". Big common tables and OK food, served Buffet style. The big advantage, for you, would be not having to drive. The show and food are better, in my opinion, at Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele.

Norcal
reviews: 134
4. Re: Best Luau

The Old Lahaina Luau is unique and concentrates on Hawaiian dances, others luau shows are Polynesian revues.

Location is incredible, not a resort lawn.... Great views of the sunset, unless it is overcast or raining.

The food is better than average buffet style.

Drinks are flowing..... Be careful and don't over do it! (And do not drive if you plan to exercise your limits!)

The show is professional. No tourists dragged up on stage to wear coconut bras and grass skirts.

The staff seems to enjoy what they do. Very helpful and friendly... they exude the Aloha spirit.

The only drawback: this luau is in high demand. You should book weeks or months in advance for the very BEST seating. Earlier booking = better seating.

reviews: 716
5. Re: Best Luau

We enjoyed being served at Feast @ Lele and the food is incredible there. :).

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
6. Re: Best Luau

You can easily bus into Lahaina for either the OLL and the Feast. Then a taxi back. We were staying in Kahana the year we attended the OLL. Two bus rides in, walked behind the Cannery Mall and we were there. There were a bunch of taxis waiting for people just like us right after the show. No need to call for one.

The bus is 2.00 each time you board, no transfers, but you could easily catch it at Whaler's, just one ride then. And then you can drink as much as you want.

But do phone asap if you decide on this one. Give them the nights you are able to go, and they will tell you which night will give you the best seats.

reviews: 8
7. Re: Best Luau

Feast at Lele. Intimate table settings with great interesting food options from 4 pacific islands, top notch entertainment . Spendy but worth it. I stayed at the Hyatt. Skip the Drums

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
reviews: 53
8. Re: Best Luau

We're staying at the Marriott Wailea Beach. I understand they have a luau too. Anyone been to it?

Obviously, walking out the door of your hotel is a big plus, but we are wondering if we should travel a bit farther for a better expericence.

Thanks!

Detroit
reviews: 3
9. Re: Best Luau

We went to the feast at LeLe and had a great time. Everyone has their own table. We were lucky enough to get front row!! I guess that is because we booked about a month early. The food was good and the show was great!

Central Valley...
reviews: 70
10. Re: Best Luau

We had front & center table at Feast at LeLe & really enjoyed everything about it. The photos they took of us turned out great, too. We considered OLL but I'd been to it before with my family & since there were only two of us (husband & I) this time, I knew we could only have a private table if we did Feast at LeLe. So glad we did!