We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 7
Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Hi there,

Some years ago, we ate ate a great little restaurant in Lahaina, on a rooftop terrace, as I recall. Lovely view, intimate setting, great food. To get there, we had to go in through a shop below, off the main drag--kind of a touristy jewelry store?--and then up stairs. I also think it may have been right near Kimo's. But for the life of me, can't remember what it is! Anyone's memory better than mine?

Thanks,

S

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
11. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Fleetwood's also has a $35,000 burger on their menu (cheese is an extra $1) that could inflate your bill. But, you do get Mick's tricked-out Harley Davidson as part of the deal!

MN
reviews: 10
12. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Fleetwoods on Front street has amazing views and a traditional Hawaiian ceremony when they light the torches. Then you get a bagpiper! Food was fine, but it has a million dollar view of the Lahina harbor. I much prefer Kimo's to the Mai Tai, although both have great locations.

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 8
13. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Wasn't the Fleetwood location formerly "The Lahaina Store" restaurant?

Seattle
14. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Can you actually eat "dinner" out on the rooftop of Fleetwood's or is it primarily a bar? I'm a little confused from reading some of the posts. I'd love to have dinner up there with the view, but not if it's loud and crazy and only a bar menu.... Maybe you have before dinner drinks and appies, watch the sun go down, and then go in for dinner? Have to see what time sun sets in early May!

And could someone tell me about the wine-tastings? Do you buy tickets for it? At the restaurant? Didn't see anything about that on their website...

Thanks!

MN
reviews: 10
15. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Wine tastings are a great deal at only $5 per person. I believe you need to get a reservation, but walk ins are allowed if there is space. I've only eaten appetizers on the rooftop, but there is other food available. It is not loud and crazy at sunset. Live music has been great, varied. Nothing too loud on the nights I was there.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
16. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Aloha,

Yes, Lahaina Gill & Oyster Bar was the prior tenant to Fleetwoods--and before that, it was Planet Hollywood.

I think you may have been at either Maui Tai Lounge or Lahaina Fish Company. Both are waterfront and near Kimo's. Google them and look at the photos, one may click.

Seattle
17. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

My husband and I were talking about this again tonight--hoping that 2 memories might add up to most of 1 after 8 years or so ;-) -- The rooftop at Fleetwood's looks like what we remember. I kept thinking it was the restaurant called I'O, but as I realize I'O is down the road a spell and not where we were, I wonder if it wasn't Cafe O'Lei. Something about the "O" in the name rings a bell....

We were so happy with the restaurant, but were shocked to hear from our waiter that the place had been sold and was going to be turned into a high end "club-like" sort of atmosphere--fine wines, liquors, steaks, seafood, cigars. So different than the local fare that was offered when we were there. Waiter didn't think it would fly, and it would seem as though it didn't, as seems like many of these places we're talking about have been through several iterations over the years.

We'll stop by several of these places on our stroll down Front St in May and see which one seems most familiar. Thanks to all for helping us jog our brains! (sad how pathetic our memories are!)

Mahalo--S

Edited: 10:56 pm, February 23, 2013
18. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 25, 2014