We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 7
Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Hi there,

Some years ago, we ate ate a great little restaurant in Lahaina, on a rooftop terrace, as I recall. Lovely view, intimate setting, great food. To get there, we had to go in through a shop below, off the main drag--kind of a touristy jewelry store?--and then up stairs. I also think it may have been right near Kimo's. But for the life of me, can't remember what it is! Anyone's memory better than mine?

Thanks,

S

Hillsboro, Oregon
reviews: 12
1. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Aloha,

I think you are referring to Lahaina Mai Tai Lounge.

\nnn/

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 27
2. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

The one in the same little plaza as Captain Jacks across the street from the Mangrove Tree? If that's the one, sadly, I cannot remember either.

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 8
3. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

And if it is the Mai Tai Lounge, I believe that location used to be Woody's. (And Cafe O'Lei after that)

Edited: 5:31 pm, February 22, 2013
Seattle
4. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Might've been Cafe O'Lei...I keep thinking it was called I'o, but that is in the wrong place. Or could it have been where Fleetwood's is now? The rooftop deck looks familiar in photos....

Can you still eat up there on the rooftop, assuming its Mai Tai Lounge? Neither of the two places (Lounge or Fleetwood's) get amazing reviews, so maybe just need to make a new memory somewhere else!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
5. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Fleetwoods had a rough start, but I think if you look at the recent reviews and posts on the forum you will find that they have shaped up pretty well. We had wonderful service and very good food up on the rooftop last month.

I remember a rooftop place we enjoyed maybe 6 or 7 years ago that sounds like your description. I can't recall the name either, but I think it was new at the time. My husband thinks it was in the building where Fleetwoods is now.

Anyway, I recommend you give Fleetwoods rooftop a try. We loved it. It's much better than Mai Tai Lounge.

Have a great trip!

Edited: 7:57 pm, February 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
6. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Oh, wow, just checked the reviews on TA again. There are some new bad ones! Well, our experience was very good. Guess I'd better post a review.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
7. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

OK, Seattle, don't judge by those three bad reviews posted yesterday. If you read between the lines you can tell that they are all from the same party. They're upset because someone ordered a shot of very expensive Scotch and didn't ask the price. The bill was $105. Fleetwood's drinks are pricey, but at least the cocktail menu lists prices. I guess if you order the best Scotch in the house without knowing the price, you'd better be prepared to pay!

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60634-d36…

Edited: 8:13 pm, February 22, 2013
Seattle
8. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Thanks, Teri--I can see that now! Though my husband loves a good scotch on rare occasion, we'll be sure to steer clear of this one!

One slightly off-putting thing to me about Fleetwood's is their website. I have a pet-peeve about out of date websites. I went on to look at menu, photos, etc....check out their calendar and see who's performing....and the latest events posted are from 2/14. Hard to make plans! Just think it's kind of lazy....but hopefully the food and the view will make up for it!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
9. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

Yes, that does sound lazy! Drives me crazy too, but we did find that a lot when checking out what's going on on Maui. And maybe you could be one of those who doesn't get good service at Fleetwoods. But we will go back again. Our waiter, David, was excellent, we had the best ahi sashimi, and we really enjoyed the music.

Seattle
10. Re: Trying to recall a rooftop restaurant...

We'll definitely be there for the sashimi! And maybe they'll have some of the oysters I've been reading about. Thanks for the recommendations,

S