We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster dinner in Lahaina

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 2
Lobster dinner in Lahaina

I was reading reviews of restaurants on here a month ago and came across a restaurant that had a lobster special on Wednesdays if my memory serves me right. I can't remember which restaurant it was. Does anyone know?

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 1
1. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

Betty's Beach Cafe

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 75
2. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

Think it may be Bettys at 505 Front Street in downtown Lahaina. The lobster could be a good deal but our drinks were not. If you do drink alcohol I would stick to bottled beer or a bottle of wine.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
3. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

Seattle - we haven't done the Wednesday lobster deal, but I have heard its a madhouse and it's not local lobster.

Jimgloria - Last year we really liked our cocktails at Betty's. This year was a different story. No mint for a mojito, mango margarita was half the size it used to be, and we had a decidedly unfriendly server. I wonder if their management has changed. Anyone heard that?

Previously we liked Betty's tiki bar atmosphere. We still think it's cute, but the service, and ambiance with it, seems to us to have gone downhill. The good thing about Betty's is The killer view and you can watch the Feast at Lele show next door from their open air seating. If you go, order a Longboard and ceviche with chips, they are tasty enough for the price.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
4. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

There is no such thing as local lobster in Hawaii. There is spiny lobster, but it can only be caught by hand. And they are only a few inches long.

American lobster typically comes from New England.

The lobster at Betty's is likely frozen.

There is so much wonderfu, fresh fish that is indigenous...why have frozen product from thousand and thousands of miles away?

It's kind of like going to Maine anticipating finding lovely, fresh mahi mahi.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 75
5. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

I wish "Restaurant Rescue" would visit Betty's it has an amazing location.

I did send my Margarita back once and it came back again and it was still a strange color, warm and not drinkable. Very strange. It is the first drink I have ever sent back.

Pluto Highlands
6. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

lobster 101

there are two types of spiny lobster here.I've caught Hawaiian spiny lobster upwards of 4.5 pounds and closer to two feet. we have two types of slipper lobsters as well. one only a few inches and the other is the ridgeback lobster which gets more then 11 pounds. lobster nets (not gill nets) are still allowed for fishing, traps have been banned but there should be four licensed commercial boats still holding them.

also enjoyed some farmed American lobster here. didn't know that name. always called it Maine lobster. waiting on American lobster 101.

http://www.konacoldlobsters.com/products.html

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
7. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

John....thanks for the excellent info. Much appreciated! The Betty's website advertises "Maine Lobster" So, likely frozen at $19.99.

ohio
reviews: 93
8. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

When we were there in December if I recall correctly you could only get the special lobster deal with another purchase of an appetizer or entree. We arrived early enough for the end of happy hour so had a great spot but it was very crowded when we left.

Pluto Highlands
9. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

I just found this in this months Maui Time.

lobster night - $16.95 live Kona lobsters every Wednesday night *with additional purchase. Betty's Beach Café. also of note is the 2$ margarita happy hour 2-5 and 9-11. 12oz prime rib$19.95 on Saturdays all natural Hawaii beef.

this will be Pluto's last post, he decided to rejoin TA under another name and closing this one. woof woof cheers.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
10. Re: Lobster dinner in Lahaina

Eating Maine lobster in Hawaii? "Likely frozen"? Let's hope it's frozen. A bit far to ship otherwise, even on a direct flight. I agree, best to go with the many varieis of fresh fish you may not find elsehwere. Maine lobster you can find in many places. But, of course, to each their own.

Edited: 1:36 pm, February 26, 2013