We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahana vs. Papakea

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Mahana vs. Papakea

Hi there everyone,

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Hawaii this April and will be staying a week in Maui. I have read a ton of reviews and discussions here on TA (Thank you sooo much to everyone who posts here...the information is amazing!). I have narrowed our choices down to:

a 1 Bedroom at the Papakea Ocean Front (Not sure which building it's in or which floor - but based on the photos it is not a ground floor for sure)

OR

a Ground floor studio at the Mahana

Both are direct owner rentals, both are beautifully updated, have AC, free parking, full kitchens, pool, BBQ's, and same price.

I'm sure there probably isn't a wrong choice between the two, but I'm having a hard time deciding. Any advice would be great. We are in our 30's, no kids, not looking for a party, but not looking for a retirement community either. Just a nice relaxing place to call home base on our trip.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Vanessa

Cumberland, Rhode...
reviews: 43
21. Re: Mahana vs. Papakea

Love the Papakea. My husband and I have stayed at many different condos & the Papakea is our #1 choice. We are in our early 50's and the location can't be beat. Loved having the ABC store right there. Hope our favorite unit is available for the next trip, if not, we will find another at the Papakea. Loved, loved the location !

Raleigh, North...
22. Re: Mahana vs. Papakea

Ok, So I was able to find a 1 bed unit available on the second floor of building G at the papakea - away from construction, awesome view, and at a great rate! Thank you to everyone for the great recommendations and the words of warning about maui dreams come true. We're really looking forward to our first trip to maui!

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 8
23. Re: Mahana vs. Papakea

Dr. V, so you will be overlooking one of the beautifully landscaped koi ponds (watch for breaches) and should also have a nice view of Lana'i. You will be on the side with the heated pool, but feel free to use the other and the hot tub. Your keycard will allow use of the direct access gate to the ABC Store -- it's a good one. Wish you a great time.

Binghamton, New York
reviews: 21
24. Re: Mahana vs. Papakea

We are staying at Mahana 12th floor....views of whales is spectacular! We are in a premium studio....slept with the sounds of the surf....no privacy issues up here!

25. Re: Mahana vs. Papakea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 31, 2014