We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

For my husband birthday I have booked to fishing trip with Die Hard sport fishing at the end of February. Has anyone fished with them before? I have heard they are a good outfit but I can't seem to find many write ups about them. I'd love to here about your time out with them.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
1. Re: Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

Here are the TA reviews tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60634-d23…

Scroll down through the forum or use the above search engine for forum comments.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
2. Re: Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

Dusty is again on a mission.

A. I know absolutely nothing about the company.

B. Tour are notorious for soliciting reviews from only happy campers, aka those that liked the tour. The tour operator waits until the tour is over & asks the customer if they liked the tour. If the answer is yes, the customer is asked to submit a review to TA, how to place a review on TA and most times what to say.

C. Almost all of the reviews are from one hit wonders (those who registered on TripAdvisor simply to make one review). No review for the hotel they stayed at. No review for any restaurant they went to. No review for any other tour or attraction they went to. Is this company so good that the customer joined TA just to place a review for this company and no others? I don't think so!

D. Only 20 reviews since June 12, 2012. That is 20 reviews in 6+ months. And if you do the math, that is 3 1/3 reviews per month. And most are from happy campers.

I do agree with mamma to use the search. But do so on the Maui forum. A search on the Maui forum will include all hits on all of the Maui forums including those on the Lahaina forum. A search on the Lahaina forum will only give you hits on that forum.

I am not saying this is a good or bad company.

I am saying that the reviews for this company (and almost all tour companies don't pass the smell test).

Take the reviews on TA with a huge grain of salt. Almost all tour companies have learned to solicit only the happy campers.

You can google this or any other company for more info.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
3. Re: Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

Die Hard with Capt. Fuzzy is about the best fishing charter you can take from Maui. Our own DE, swmarketplace recommends him highly. When I was on island, I heard great things about this company also.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
4. Re: Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

Aloha,

"SWMarket" chiming in. Fuzzy is da' best. I have recced him for many, many years, including the years I was in tourism.

Winnipeg, Canada
5. Re: Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

Great thanks! I have heard they are great and the best, my husband is very excited we are fishing with them. Actually I am excited too... I doubted myself, I was on the website and most of the pictures are from the summer. When I went to read the comments on the site, the 1st review was telling people not to use them and that they never showed up. I know this is a one of but of course it set off alarm bells. My hubby is really looking forward to this fishing trip.

I guess the website isn't updated often. Thanks again!

6. Re: Die Hard Sport Fishing w/ Capt Fuzzy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 30, 2014