We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 2
Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

I am trying to decide between the Marriott Ocean Club (Napoli Towers) and The Honua Kai Condos. Both are ocean front, specific 3BR units---(7th floor at the Napoli Towers or unit 402 at the Honua Kai). Have read odors from water treatment plant could be a problem at Hanua Kai??? Has anyone been to both to compare? What about beach comparison and proximity to restauraunts?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
1. Re: Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

In terms of quality of overall experience, I think Honua Kai is head and shoulders above the Marriott.

The only edge to the Marriott I would give is location, it is in the main of Ka'anapali, but everything else would tip to HK for me.

PS it is the "Napili" Tower at the Marriott just so no one is confused.

Laguna Niguel, CA
2. Re: Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

Honua Kai 3 bedroom ocean front units also have private barbecue grills on each lanai (terrace) and Viking appliances. It is also much more relaxing on North Kaanapali beach where Honua Kai is as there are less people and less foot traffic.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 75
3. Re: Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

Honua Kai is gorgeous but i would pick the Marriott Napili tower. For me it is about the weather.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 61
4. Re: Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

I would go with Honua Kai. Their lanai is huge and we love being able to open the doors and expand the space. In my opinion there seems to be more space and seems more peaceful. The Marriott seemed more crowded and hectic. We went stayed at the Marriott in February and the Honua Kai in June...so it is hard to comment on weather...but I know we had a heck of a time trying to cook out on the grills at Marriott in the evenings as it was too windy!!

We liked the beach at Honua Kai. There just wasn't as many places to walk to eat...but we didn't mind as we had a few dinners in our condo...then went out to eat the other nights.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 61
5. Re: Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

I would go with Honua Kai. Their lanai is huge and we love being able to open the doors and expand the space. In my opinion there seems to be more space and seems more peaceful. The Marriott seemed more crowded and hectic. We went stayed at the Marriott in February and the Honua Kai in June...so it is hard to comment on weather...but I know we had a heck of a time trying to cook out on the grills at Marriott in the evenings as it was too windy!!

We liked the beach at Honua Kai. There just wasn't as many places to walk to eat...but we didn't mind as we had a few dinners in our condo...then went out to eat the other nights.

6. Re: Marriott Napoli tower VS. Honua Kai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 03, 2014