We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Ocean Club vs Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brentwood...
reviews: 1
Marriott Ocean Club vs Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort

I'm trying to decide where to book our one week vacation in September. Marriott Ocean Club or Wesin Kaanapali Resort? This is an anniversary trip so just the two of us. We'd like a one bedroom ocean view or oceanfront unit with kitchen.

What are the pros and cons of these two properties? What's within walking distance? Any restaurants or shopping close by?

This is our first trip to Maui. Any input would be appreciated!

Bluffton, Indiana
reviews: 26
11. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort

We stayed at the Westin Maui ( the hotel next to Whaler's Village) and LOVED it!! The pools were spectacular, and I think the beach in front of the resort is one of the best on Kaanapali. I've walked through the Sheraton, Marriott, and Westin Kaanapali (villas) and plan to go back to the villas. The layout and combination of the rooms, pool, and relatively empty beach are hard to beat. The Sheraton is spread out and is nicely located on Black Rock, which is a stunning location. The Marriott Maui Ocean Club is also nice as well. If I went back, I'd go to the Westin Kaanapali (villas). If I couldn't go there, I'd probably choose the Sheraton because I haven't been there, but for you my second choice would be the Westin Maui. So here's my opinion: 1.) Westin Kaanapali 2.) Westin Maui 3.) Sheraton Maui 4.) Marriott Maui Ocean Club-- but you can't go wrong at any of them!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
12. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort

OLD post, people.

13. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 20, 2014