We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
5 posts
Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

We are planning a special extended-family trip to Hawaii in April (8 adults, 2 kids - 1 year old and 3 years old). We are celebrating my mother-in-law's completion of chemo and radiation following a breast cancer diagnosis. We want to find a restaurant for a special celebratory dinner out, preferably with an ocean view, preferably outdoors. The catch is I am bringing my 1 year old and 3 year old so it will need to be an early dinner in a family-friendly spot. We still want a really nice dinner and wine selection. Location: in or near Lahaina - any suggestions?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
11. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

Our favourite is Honu! Gorgeous views and excellent food!

Dallas, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
369 reviews
12. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

The Castaway Cafe, beachside (great view) at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas (next to the Royal Lahaina resort just north of Black Rock) might be what you're looking for. Food is very good, not too spendy (Tuesday is 2 for 1 pasta night -- two pasta entrees for the price of one) with most entrees under $20.

The big draw is the wine list -- maybe the best in all of Hawaii. Deep and well-priced. At a lunch there in October, we enjoyed a Kistler chardonnay and a Bonacorssi pinot noir for $70 and $60 respectively. They offer many older vintages and I don't think more than one or two bottles top $200 (an older Tuscan, as I recall). The list includes several verticals of top California cabernets at prices half what most restaurants charge.

Edited: 10:47 pm, January 30, 2013
13. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 01, 2014