We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

We are planning a special extended-family trip to Hawaii in April (8 adults, 2 kids - 1 year old and 3 years old). We are celebrating my mother-in-law's completion of chemo and radiation following a breast cancer diagnosis. We want to find a restaurant for a special celebratory dinner out, preferably with an ocean view, preferably outdoors. The catch is I am bringing my 1 year old and 3 year old so it will need to be an early dinner in a family-friendly spot. We still want a really nice dinner and wine selection. Location: in or near Lahaina - any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hillsboro, Oregon
reviews: 11
1. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

Aloha,

First place I think of that fits all your critera is Kimo's in downtown Lahaina. They have a great wine list with an amazing view from their outdoor deck and Hula Pie!

\nnn/

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
2. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

I would go to Leilani's in Whaler's Village! Plan in advance and ask for tables near the front. Open-air design.

Winnipeg, Canada
3. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

perfect - Kimo's to celebrate end of Chemo

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
4. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

I second Leilani's upstairs, make reservations we have hosted and seen many multi-generational parties there.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 45
5. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

Yea, I recommend Lelilani's too. The Hula Grill would be another option, be sure to reserve ahead of time.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
6. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

The thing about Leilani's dining room is that it is upstairs - above the people below. Great views. Great food. Make sure to plan ahead.

Ca
reviews: 32
7. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

What a great treat for her to visit Maui after all she has been through. Maui was a special visit for me as well when I finished my Chemo and Radiation treatment for Brest Cancer 9 years ago. Depending on what her favorite foods are and if she is having any taste bud issues. I think Kimo's is a great place with a great view. With Kids in tow you might want to consider Hula Grill or Leilani's in case dinner runs long the toddler will have more room to blow off steam. Enjoy your special family time.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 45
8. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

I agree, the Leilani's upstairs, Hula Grill a table next to the beach walk, Kimo's, all are good ideas with good food and service and great views.

The Longboards on the beach walk at Maui Ocean Club and the Tropica at the Westin Resorts would be other possibilities. The Tropica is pricey though-the picture of sunset was taken last year from Tropica.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 75
9. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

Kimo's is casual and famous for their "Kimo therapy".

But would also look at the Royal Lahaina hotel . They have outside tables by the ocean and pool. At sunset they have had a mini hula show (10 minutes).

A torch lighting and a singer.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 10
10. Re: Family-friendly restaurant in/near Lahaina, Maui

How about the Hula Grill Barefoot Bar? Great casual spot for family and kids. Pretty sure they let you order from the indoor menu as well if you're wanting something more than the outside casual menu offers.