We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feast at Lele questions

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
reviews: 7
Feast at Lele questions

I was undecided for a long time about a going to luau or not. But we finally booked Feast At Lele last night for Jan 7, 2013. I would have preferred a more traditional Luau like OLL but we are staying at the Pioneer Inn and the location to Feast was so convenient. Now I am a bit worried that we will have poor seats by booking only one week before going. Some people say that there are no bad seats but some reviews say that they had a poor seat under a speaker with people standing in front of them to take pictures and such. I am also curious about the kind of Lei you receive. I think they have switched to from an orchid lei to a kukui nut lei? Are there any Luau that offer an fresh flower lei? Also some reviews mention that not all drinks are included in the price and some drinks are extra? Which drinks are extra?

and finally, how much do they charge for the professional photos? Any thoughts on the photos and are they a good purchase?

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 50
21. Re: Feast at Lele questions

"The staff and dancers seemed to really enjoy their job and take a lot of pride in being part of this wonderful production."

so true! when we look back at the pictures we took with some of the staff...their smiles were almost bigger than ours. such a great experience. just one of the reasons why we love the fal so much.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 21
22. Re: Feast at Lele questions

Aloha! Thanks for all the input. I am going to FAL from the Pride of America with my 81yo mom, glad to hear there is not a bad seat in the house. The question I had was tipping. Since it is much more personalized service and I'm a 20% tipping kind of guy, knowing servers make their $$ on tips, salary just pays the rent. LOL. Just wondered if that was appropriate. The 4 of us, wifey and my sis comes to $479, close to $100. Too much, just enough? Any thoughts?

Victoria, British...
reviews: 23
23. Re: Feast at Lele questions

We were there in Nov of 2011 and they still had the flower leis for the women and the kukui nut lei for the men. It won't matter I can guarantee it. You are in a beautiful setting with professional entertainment. The food is adventurous but I think there is something for all tastes. We loved it and fyi, my flower lei is long gone but my husband's is still hanging on his closet door. We would go again in a heart beat. Don't worry about it, you will be in paradise, enjoy!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
24. Re: Feast at Lele questions

Aloha,

You are very kind to think of tipping the servers, and you're right-they do depend on tips to a great extent. I would say about 15-17% would be okay though. I rec the slightly lower % since the menu is pre-set and everyone receives the same food (instead of different orders).

Edited: 2:17 pm, February 03, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 21
25. Re: Feast at Lele questions

Thanks SWmarket! I'm ready for the cruise!

26. Re: Feast at Lele questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 06, 2014