We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feast at Lele questions

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
reviews: 7
Feast at Lele questions

I was undecided for a long time about a going to luau or not. But we finally booked Feast At Lele last night for Jan 7, 2013. I would have preferred a more traditional Luau like OLL but we are staying at the Pioneer Inn and the location to Feast was so convenient. Now I am a bit worried that we will have poor seats by booking only one week before going. Some people say that there are no bad seats but some reviews say that they had a poor seat under a speaker with people standing in front of them to take pictures and such. I am also curious about the kind of Lei you receive. I think they have switched to from an orchid lei to a kukui nut lei? Are there any Luau that offer an fresh flower lei? Also some reviews mention that not all drinks are included in the price and some drinks are extra? Which drinks are extra?

and finally, how much do they charge for the professional photos? Any thoughts on the photos and are they a good purchase?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 12
1. Re: Feast at Lele questions

It's a small venue and while I suppose you may run into a rude person who wants to take pictures I can't imagine a really bad seat.

It's been a couple of years so can't answer the lei question but the drinks we had were all included and they kept coming!

The pics were not cheap but we bought them, they are some of our favorites ever. You can decide after the show if you want to puchase

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
reviews: 79
2. Re: Feast at Lele questions

We loved the Feast at Lele. It was fabulous. It had any drink we wanted and they kept coming. Thought all the seats were good. Saw kids or people walking around taking pictures. Beautiful night. Didn't think the pictures were too expensive, they seemed to be the same price as other pictures from other places. You don't have to buy it.

We sent our niece and nephew. You will have fun.

San Carlos...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Feast at Lele questions

Best Luau type experience we have had. Beautiful setting, great food and drinks. Great entertainment. Don't worry....

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
4. Re: Feast at Lele questions

We loved it. Drinks were included. We didn't buy the pics and I don't remember the pricing. If someone is standing in front of you, ask them to move. If they don't, ask your server to ask them to move. If you are truly concerned about "under a speaker" or whatever call and ask them about your particular seats. They want you to be happy. It was a nut lei, I believe. I think you can buy a flower lei fairly inexpensive at other spots on the island if you really need one.

But also, I thought the Feast and OLL were pretty close in proximity? Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 8
5. Re: Feast at Lele questions

I can't imagine that the Feast at Lele will disappoint you. It does require a bit of an adventuresome palate, but the food and service is terrific and the show is wonderful. Because it is more of a Polynesian review, you'll get a great fire knife dance that OLL's traditional Hawaiian focus doesn't have. As already mentioned, the venue is fairly small and all the seats are good. And if someone is being rude in front of you by standing for photos all the time, at $100+ per seat, I wouldn't be shy about speaking up and asking them to stop or move. Pretty sure the lei they give you is a simple shell lei. But there will be girls walking around selling flower leis if you want to purchase one.

Central Valley...
reviews: 70
6. Re: Feast at Lele questions

We went a couple years ago & we both received beautiful flower leis at that time but I don't know if something has changed since then? If I remember correctly, we paid $40 for the pictures - there were 3 - 5x7's in the package...so kind of pricey but the pictures turned out really great. Our seats were front & center but I think some of the seating behind us went up onto a higher platform maybe? Either way, it is a small group so I think you still have a good chance at a decent seat. All drinks are included.

northern CA
reviews: 19
7. Re: Feast at Lele questions

We were there the first week of October last year. RSVP were made two days in advance. Our table was a bit in the back but elevated. Sightlines or people standing up taking pics were not an issue. The lei's are the "nuts" . Top quality drinks that keep on coming. It would be cool to be able to walk back to your place afterwards. The food is very good, and a LOT of courses. I can eat a lot, but I had to pace myself through the courses. Well worth the money. We had the photos taken which turned out very nice.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park
reviews: 6
8. Re: Feast at Lele questions

Aloha,

I think they changed to the kukui/shell lei due to problems with the orchid industry............we've had sooooo much drought that most orchids are imported now (ours have died or aren't producing much).

FAL is about 4 blocks from the Pioneer Inn. Old Lahaina Luau is much farther in the opposite direction. OLL is behind the Cannery Mall.

Vancouver, British...
reviews: 7
9. Re: Feast at Lele questions

thanks everyone for your input. We are really looking forward to the show for our first night in Maui

swmarket, interesting to know about the importing of orchids. not something I would have thought about. do you know if the nut/shell leis are imported as well?

reviews: 708
10. Re: Feast at Lele questions

You will love Feast @ Lele! It was one of the highlights of our trip. The food was very good and the service first-class. Have fun and let us know your thoughts when you get back. :)