We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

We are trying to help my son plan his 9 day honeymoon on Kaanapali Beach when they go out to see this sonderful area does any one have any recommended places to go? They are not renting a car. Prices for rental will eat up too much of his budget.

Fort Wayne, IN
reviews: 1
1. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

Would you please let us know where they are staying? Sorry to say that without a car rental they will be limited to activies which they can do.

But here goes:

1.On the beach depending on the time of year (Jet skis and parasailing) there is snorkle trips and sunset sails thru numerous companies. Will pick up right on the beach.

2. The Whaler shopping center featuring many upscale shops and convience stores. There are also 3 restarants that are very good. #1 is the Hula Grill.

3. Shuttles to Lahaina (only a dollar), but stop running early, I think 8:00 PM. Please check to be sure.

4. Black Rock @ the Sheraton for snorkleing and early evening cliff divers.

5. Checking out the pools (must be resident to use) and grounds at the resorts.

6. Golf courses if they do that.

PS....Alamo has cars starting around $140-$160 per week. My suggestion is to rent a car if they are able.

Minnesota
2. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

The car rental prblem is that they are only 20 and although local companies will rent to them it is outragious what they would have to pay. They decided to save their money for other things. They are staying at Kaanapali Beach Hotel. Thanks for all the great ideas.

Fort Wayne, IN
3. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

Age twenty, yea that is a problem. When will they be there? If after 5-13 for the next 2 weeks, wife and I and another couple will be at The Whaler, a condo complex right next door to Kaanapali Beach Hotel. A easy 3-4 minute walk and just another couple of minutes to The Whaler Shopping Center that I mentioned earlier. If they are there then, we could set up a meet and greet with other AOL travel people that will also be there. We eat a lot at the Hula Grill, which is the first restuarant they will see on the beach walk from there hotel. If they are interested, send us there E-mail address here and we can contact them. They just might have to put up with a over 50 crowd. PS.....Condo owners we know and love will also be there, they are a wealth of knowledge that could be helpful to them.

Wes & Janice

Fort Wayne, IN

Durham, NC
4. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

I agree that without a car, really seeing Maui will be tough. Have them look into tours that will be them up at their hotel. Then again, 20year old honeymooners migth have better things to do:-)

Have your son try priceline for a car. Pick a number he can live with and just keep trying. It can't hurt to try and if he gets an amazing deal it will open up his vacation in amazing ways.

Durham, NC
5. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

I decided to leave one more little post...is your son sure that Maui is where they want to go for their honeymoon? I'm not saying that wouldn't have a great time, but they will just miss SO much not having a car. I can't imgine going to Maui and not being able to drive around and explore. I noticed on the other post they like camping and outdorrs stuff and there are so many nice hikes and things like that to do. I'm wondering if perhaps an all-inclusive Carribean or Mexican resort might suit them better for this trip and they can head to Hawaii when he turns 25. If they are set on Hawaii, I think they should go for it and have a great time, but maybe give some thought to saving Maui for a time they can truely explore and appreciate the whole island. Just a thought really, I was just feeling kind-of sad for all the things they'll miss.

BYW - congrats on becoming a parent-in-law:-) And aren't you glad you are helping plan the honeymoon - and not the wedding!

So. Calif.
6. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

I disagree with some of the other posters and think your son and his new wife can have a great honeymoon without a car. Of course they won't be able to check out all of the island but there is a lot to do at Kaanapali Beach. The first poster already gave you a lot of ideas. Take surfing lessons and definately look into the shuttle that leaves Whaler's Village and takes you to Lahaina.

Minnesota
7. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

THANK YOU SO much for all of your assistance. They are going to Maui June 10 for a surprise to his new bride. This is her "if I could go any where in the world, I would go to..." place. They will definately check out some of Whalers Village and we have found a few activities on the internet for them to schedule that will pick them up at the hotel. I don't know how much sightseeing they will do either,but the more options that can be presented to them the better I think. It is always nice to hear from those that have had a Maui adventure though experience helps, make wise choices.

Durham, NC
8. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

What a nice treat for your new daughter in law! Don't forget to try priceline.

Oregon
9. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

I'd agree with the others about trying to get a car. That being said, Ka'anapali would probably be my favorite spot in the entire world to be "stuck" at without a car.

Parasailing, Jet-ski's, sailing, snorkel tours, whale watching, cliff diving are just a few of the things you can do at Ka'anapali. There's good snorkeling at Kaheleki beach too, a short walk from Black Rock.

Missouri
10. Re: Please Recommend activities on Kaanapali Beach?

I think Maui is a great place for a honeymoon! They will have lots to do in the Kaanapali area and they can plan their next trip when they can rent a car!

They will love the beach area, Whaler's Village and Lahaina. Lots of fun stuff to do and see. Also, plenty of good restaurants.

My parents met us there and they took Maui Shuttle to Kaanapali. It worked great and they were met at baggage. It was $42 plus tip for both of them.