We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, OR
reviews: 67
Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

My husband and I will be on Maui on February 5th, 2012, Super Bowl Sunday. Is there anywhere in the Kaanapali or Lahaina area that could be recommended to watch the game. I will look forward to your responses. Mahalo

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 9
1. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

Likely be able to find Super Bowl parties going in most all of the watering holes. But just up the road in the Kahana Gateway Plaza is the Maui Brewing Company. Great food and beer list and lots of big screens.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 51
2. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

i was going to suggest the maui brewing co., too.

just do yourself a favor and don't sit next to some drunk haole guy in a baseball cap telling you what you MUST order or not order...lol.

Salem, OR
reviews: 67
3. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

We also thought about Moose McGillacuddies in Lahaina???

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 51
4. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

terri...

i've never been inside, but from what i understand, it's more of a younger crowd there. i've heard lots of woo-hoo'ing and hoots and hollars from the outside, which leads me to believe it's true....if that's what you're into.

lake forest park
reviews: 2
5. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

If you want to get out and enjoy the game with other folks the above suggestions are great but for sure it will be on your condo's or hotel's channels.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
6. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

Moose's will indeed be rocking...get there early. Not my fave food but it was a great party place during the Olympics...I'd still go up to Maui Brewing!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 367
7. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

Moose's, Betty's Beach Cafe and the Lahaina Pizza Co. (formerly BJ's Pizza) would be my top picks.

moosemcgillycuddys.com/Lahaina-Maui.html

http://www.bettysbeachcafe.com/

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 5
8. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

We switched from visiting Hawaii, during spring break or summer, to winter (Pro Bowl/Super Bowl) 20+ years ago. Our favorite haunts for viewing the Super Bowl, on neighbor Islands ( Duke's Kauai, Ola @ Turtle Bay North Shore Oahu, Don the Beachcomber - Big Island), all share common charasterics: Open Air/Ocean Front/Not a hangout for local Rowdies and, if possible, within walking distance.

Two years ago, subsequent to trying several of the mentioned places, we discovered the Pailolo B & G at the Westin Ocean Resort Villas and it was by far our most enjoyable game ever. It's not a traditional sports bar, but they brought in numerous extra screens, took (uncrowded) table reservations & had a variety of reasonably priced drink & pupu specials. The service was great and the location allowed ladies, so desiring, to take a beach break or two. They even tolerated my wife bringing back a Hula Pie from Duke's next door (love that gal).

Last year, we watched the Super Bowl at Don's/Kailua-Kona, but we will be on Maui this year and definitely retuning to Pailolo...if they're planning a repeat of the past two years**.

We put together the following group of links for friends staying in Wailea last year and they said it was definitely worth the drive.

Here is a view of Pailolo (it's ocean-side of the pool area/next to bldg # 5): wizardpub.com/maui/mrwestinkaanapaliocean.ht…

A 360 panorama (absent the extra screens): wizardpub.com/maui/mrwestinkaanapaliocean.ht…

Westin's webcam (give friends & family a wave): seehawaiilive.com/maui/maui-luxury-resorts

If you're staying the the Kaanapali-Honokowai area, it's a pleasant stroll (no better way to "lighten-up" after the game than Humpback watching on the beach) via this map: bypassnow.org/images/October2008Newsletter.p…

** I'll be calling Pailolo (believe 808-662-2635 is current) later today and update if they're going all-out for the Super Bowl this year. Hope to see some TA'ers at the party!

Kihei, Hawaii
reviews: 110
9. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

any bar will have the game on and it's no fun to watch alone. Moose's a great venue only the food will suck but beer will be fine. famous dave's another chain and a smaller joint with the TV behind the bar will have the rib tips and pineapple hot wings that works good for the game.

don't know who will play in the superbowl but tonights game should be good and close. i pick LSU.

famousdaves.com/menuCategories/appetizers/…

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
10. Re: Super Bowl 2012 in Lahaina

I'll tell ya though, Moose's has perhaps the best Maui onion rings on the island. Goes great with that beer!!